Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i am planning on getting a 00RS, but i keep hearing that this cars have problems with turbos.....?
Whats should i mod to get this car to 200 whp? both na/and turbo?

·
Registered
613 Posts
the rs comes without turbo. the wrx comes with turbo. if you want to get 200 horses, look in the link section as well as the forced induction section, vendor section. there are about three or four turbo sprchgr kits listed in various stages of power. 200 normally aspirated horses would require some internal engine/intake/exhaust mods. decorations such as cold air intakes, plug wires, shiney pulleys or stainless exhausts aren't worth much hp gains.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK thanks, so they cars are turbo friendly then..? umm i was also wondering if there was a spec. turbo that would need to change any internals and suck....just pretty much to add the turbo ?

·
Registered
613 Posts
relativly turbo friendly. check the forced induction section there is a thread called i want to turbo my rs that is about 300 posts long. has your name on it! dood!

Silver 2K RS Coupe
1,864 Posts
My understanding is that the 00' and up RS cars are not forced induction friendly because they have a MAP instead of a MAF. MAP's don't know what to do when they see positive manifold pressure. They only want to see vac. or 0 absolute anmospheric pressure. (sea level) There are electronic ways to get around this, but a MAP will never be as accurate a device as a MAF, and a MAF will never be as durrable as a MAP.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So then maybe a 99 is better than a 00...? and As prices go do you think stage 2 of the cobb get me close to 200whp.....any one have this set up?

Silver 2K RS Coupe
1,864 Posts
If I was going to go forced induction and had a choice, I'd go with a 99'. Air/Fuel accuracy is critical to keep the engine together. One thing to consider though is that 00' (and up?) RS's have rear LSD and 99' and prior are open rear diffs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts