Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2002 Impreza RS 2.5
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's 3 Subaru dealers in a 15 miles radius of my location. The closes is 3 miles from the house--convenient. They also have a large service center (though the show room is very small). I want to buy from them for convenience. (About to buy RS 2.5). I went by the lot today and noticed that they have a number of WRX's but not a single RS 2.5 on hand.

I intend to go test-drive a RS 2.5 at one of the other lots, but still want to purchase from the local lot. How long does it take to order a car and have it show at the dealership? I know it's $500 delivery to do it that way, but I think it's worth it to have a relationship with a dealer in my back yard.

Also will be able to get just the car I want (RS 2.5, automatic, silver (maybe white...), CD, fog lights) that way, I suppose.

blakespot

·
Registered
01 BRP RS
131 Posts
I say it is worth the wait to do the research and find a gc8. my local dealership laughed at me when I asked for one, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. so I flew to seattle and bought one.

·
Registered
05 STi White + 99 RS White
1,828 Posts
If you can get the price you want, buy it from which ever will give you the best price. You can always go back to the closer lot to get service and advice.;)

Oh yeah, I'm with imprezars with the gc8 thing, well worth the hassle. Shop around in the private classifides on here and on that other board...

:D

·
Registered
99 Impreza RSTI
436 Posts
If you want to buy a new Honda Civic, go to your local dealer, however if you want to buy Impreza RS that they don't make anymore and that were pretty rare to begin with, go to www.autotrader.com then search for one in the radius of 200 miles.

That's what I did. I went to about 6 or 8 dealers with a stack of 20 printouts of Impreza RS ads. Man, did they start talking to me differently AFTER they saw my stack. One dealer did not even let me test drive the car before he saw it.

As I said, you got to remember that most of the Subaru dealers won't necessarily have used RSs on their lots, so www.autotrader.com would be your best choice. They have dealers and private sellers.

Good Luck with the purchase.

Alex

·
Premium Member
2002 Impreza RS 2.5
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm looking for a new Impreza RS 2.5 '02. Do they not make them anymore? They're not making '03's yet.

blakespot

·
Registered
99 Impreza RSTI
436 Posts
Oh, I am sorry, I thought you were looking for 98 - 01 years. As for 02, you should not have any problems finding that one. And don't worry if you don't get it from the local dealer. Just bring it there for service.

Alex

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can check dealer inventories yourself online. Just go to the official Subaru site, subaru.com. Once there point at [email protected] at the top and click on the RS. Click on dealer at the left and go from there. You give your zip and can check a bunch of dealers going from close to far.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
We are coming up on the end of the model year for 2002. I am still amazed that there aren't any around. I know we could not give them a way around here. We ended up puting wheels and lowering them just to get some attention. You can blame your local subaru sales rep. for not alocating enough RS's in your area.

sean

1 - 8 of 8 Posts