Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
Had the thermostat housing welded to the crossover pipe and bolted up the oil pump (did not replace since all measurements were within spec when I disassembled it).

cheers

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
Assembled the valvetrain today.

To replace a damaged lifter liner, I went to town on a spare (already damaged) head. Thanks to Chris for sending it to me! I may section the rest of the head to check out how much room there is in the walls for porting and what the overall port shape looks like.

Green loctite-d into place:

cheers

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
Bolted a few more things on. Smoothed the water pump opening since it no longer needs to support the thermostat.

Stock:

Modified:

The sound of this motor was one of the factors in decided to go for it!

cheers

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
Carried the short block out to the garage (with help) and installed the heads.

Also sectioned the damaged EG33 head to get an idea of wall thickness/where water jackets are for future porting. Each section has a photo of its left and right face. LH face (towards front of head) photos are always the first of the pair.

cheers

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
No Replacement for Displacement – Flat Six Swap

Unfortunately not running, but the engine is in the car, wiring is done, just waiting on myself to finish drawings for the custom radiator and a few little things (that take foreverrrrr).

Cheers
-Evan

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Did it myself, the H6 Swap thread on here was a great help, as well as the various other swaps happening.

cheers
-Evan

41 - 60 of 82 Posts