Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 RS Blue
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I went to leave for work last night I had no power when I turned the key to the on position. Didn't have time to mess with it so my carpooler drove us to work. When I got home I checked the battery and had 12v coming off of it so that wasn't the issue. I then noticed that my hazard lights were flashing which told me that the alarm had somehow been triggered. I closed the doors, locked it then unlocked it and tried starting it again. Started up no problem. When woke up today I drove the car to the gas station and to Big 5 with no issues (but I didn't ever lock it). When I got home I turned it off and locked it. When I went to leave for work tonight, no power again. I tried to lock it and unlock it again with the FOB but it didn't fix the issue this time. I thought maybe the battery was going out on my FOB and that was causing the alarm to trigger somehow but when I got to work I tested the battery on my FOB and it is still good.

Any ideas on why this keeps happening?

Sorry for all the reading but I was trying to be thorough :)

·
Registered
2000 RS Blue
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just got home and tried everything i have found while searching and nothing is working. My FOB does nothing, red inline fuses are good, saw something that said to turn it over 3 times and on the fourth it will start (nope) then saw something that said to hooks the little reset button while turning the key (didn't work either). Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2000 RS Blue
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think i figured it out. I think (hope) i had a bad connection on my positive battery terminal that decided to randomly start acting up.

·
Registered
00'RS/02' WRX stgEleventy
2,144 Posts
That'll do it..

When it comes to any problem, troubleshooting dictates starting with the easiest, most mundane details..

You may have just found one of the most basic..

Sent from an other planet (Tapatalk)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts