Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2002 Impreza RS 2.5
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test-drove a RS 2.5 today (2002). Automatic. I must say -- it is indeed a little soft at the low-end on pickup, but at 20mph or so it jumps up. Seems normal?

Also -- there were some other options I wanted and I spoke of ordering a specific config. The guy at the dealership said since it was the end of the model year, he did not know if he could order a specific config anymore---but he could possibly look around the area for one. He was also trying to sell me the car on his lot (had one 2.5 RS). Is that a line he's feeding me? Can they still get 2.5 RS orders?

Sadly, one of the options I wanted was the graphite dash plastic vs. the somewhat cheap feeling silver plastic. Ahh well.

blakespot

·
Registered
392 Posts
yeah it's a line.. i think the end of model year is around november. I ordered my 01 in nov 01 and they said i barely got it in under the wire. So you should be good to go so try another dealer.. who knows things might have changed. but good luck on finding what YOU want. don't settle.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I say ROAD TRIP, come out to Cali. and I will have no problem getting you a car. PM me if you want and I will tell you what invoice is on the car so you can use that info when you go back:devil:

·
Registered
347 Posts
No way!

That's got to be a load of shit.

Granted, they're fairly rare and I've yet to see on one the road...but I used to live outside DC and there are a ton of dealers up there that usually have pretty good stock. A friend of mine was going to buy from Dulles Subaru in Leesburg, VA. They were pretty friendly and always seem to have good stock.

As for the 4EAT...its actually not that bad. My '01 RS is a stick and the missus' car is an '02 OBS with the 4EAT. Sure it doesn't shift as fast as the manual, but once we put a few thousand miles on it...it almost feels as fast as my RS. :eek: I thought about the 4EAT when I got my RS, but thought it'd be too sluggish. Boy was I wrong!

Go for the 4EAT...:nuetron:

·
Registered
392 Posts
try going to stohlman's subaru in tyson's corner,va. They hooked me up with the car i wanted and were really nice. Price was also superb.. :nuetron:

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
If the dealer ship really wnats to sell cars, they should dealer trade and get what you want. When I got my car in LA they traded it from san fransisco to get it for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts