Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'99 gc8 project & '16 wrx
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my mechanic just called me. I was doing a full 04 wrx swap into my 00 RS coupe, not anymore. He got his hands on an 06 wrx, with only 11,000 miles on it. Everything Engine, Tranny, Rear Diff, Dash, Gas Tank, the works! I am very excited, he has called around and this will be the first 06 swap that has been done in Colorado .

Anyways, I have question. I got my hands on a 04 passenger airbag, and 04 STI steering wheel for my swap, I am wondering if everything will fit and plug and play into an 06 dash, is it primarily the same dash setup? Need to know if all of this will work?

I'm so excited I can't even contain myself, only one week till it goes in!

·
Registered
2000/2.5RS,Sedona Red
70 Posts
dude it will fit, i also just picked up a 06 wrx motor complete with steering column and the drive by wire gas pedal for my00 Rs let me know how the swap is going and if possible what wires are being integrated into your Rs. good luck!

·
Banned
1,359 Posts
When I swap, I'll probably go for the newer motors as well. I'd like Legacy GT motor.. according to LegacyGT.com these guys were beating stock STi's with a UP/DP and a ECU Tune and an extra 600 lbs. :)

·
The Thread Stopper
11 WRX, Matte black
5,783 Posts
Peabodynobody said:
Actually they weigh the same, and have the same motor. Where are you getting your information from?
The LGT 5-spd weighs about 65 lbs. heavier than an STI (comparing MY07s). The blocks are the same, it's the heads and turbos that separate the two engines...plus a few misc. bits.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Drakuun said:
When I swap, I'll probably go for the newer motors as well. I'd like Legacy GT motor.. according to LegacyGT.com these guys were beating stock STi's with a UP/DP and a ECU Tune and an extra 600 lbs. :)
Sounds like a lot of squids that can't drive. Squids own STi's? no....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Pretty sure the heads were the same, turbo and IC different. I know MY05s the STi is 2lbs lighter than a LGT 5spd, and the MY06 STi is only 14lbs lighter.

·
Registered
95 RHD WRX
1,799 Posts
Drakuun said:
I've seen the dyno charts. It makes something like 230whp with that setup. My friend has one, it's no slouch, but it does feel a bit porky. It's just definately taylored towords luxury.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts