Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1998 wrx sti type r!
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys so i went to install my new mudflaps from rallytech and when i went to do my fronts i noticed that i had no inner fender on either side. my car is a 1998 wrx sti type r would it have had one factory or is it a weight reducing feature they did on the type r maybe? it has the plastic lining around the edge but not over the inside, i would really like to install my front mud flaps but i dont want to drill into the frame of my car to attatch them it just seems like a bad idea. are these really necessary? or is it fine to leave it without them

·
Registered
99 22B replica
1,322 Posts
I have widebody fiberglass front fenders and had to make custom front fender liners, but with 18s on I still get rubbing when I make sharp turns so I've been debating eliminating the liners all together. Without front liners you run the risk of rocks flying off your tires and punishing the inside of your fenders possibly causing very early rust from the inside out or possibly dents from the bigger rocks. I would spray with some heavy duty rock guard, I'm talking thick thick. that should provide a barrier between the paint/steel and the crud flying off your tires.

·
Registered
bagged gf8
147 Posts
I don't have front fender liners my car is low and I rubbed.

My strut mounts collect little rocks on the daily. I have to vacuum them out every time I wash the car. Also sounds like I am on a dirty track when I drive on salted roads.

I am getting new fenders and I will be rust preventing inside of fenders and frame.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts