Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a 99 rs with some problems and can't quite figure it out. usually when i start it off it'll run really rough but after it warms up it starts running ok. after driving for awhile whenever the car is in neutral the revs just bottom out and the car dies unless given gas to keep the idles up. it threw an emissions code. so i checked the maf and a few other things. fixed those up and it ran great for about two days. then it threw another code and started doing the same thing. this time the code came up as an evap code. i never fill up with the car running and the gas plug is always on tight. i've talked to a few guys that work at subaru that aren't quite sure what it is and tell me i should bring it in. but i'm very hesitant because they don't know and i don't want to pay $100 an hour for them to think about it for 4 hours before they start actually working on it. any help would be great

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've been tryign to get a code reader to double check the code. i'll be able to get to one tomarrow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's a po 440 code. all the hoses are connected. there are no intake leaks. the evap hose is connected both in the front and in the fuel pump area. the fuel valve was also checked and is fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha yeah. actually i had to triple check it and found out it was like plastic so i just picked up a new one...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts