Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Reformed Ricer
07 STI, 07 STI, 10 Forester, 03 WRX
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a while ago when i took apart my door panels i realized the window and lock switches are made by nissan. is this factory? i didnt think nissan and subaru had anything in common.

... does this mean i can drop a nismo engine in my GC8? :blol:

·
Registered
05 rs 04 wrx 05 sti all black
1,929 Posts
My wifes wrx has a mitsubishi turbo, but no an evo engine will not bolt right in.. lol
Some auto manufacturers are also part suppliers for other companies, that is why climate control systems and electric window systems will look the same between to different car manufacturers.

·
ok terrific.
'95 STi RA rep, rhd yo!
5,223 Posts
There are a lot of similarities between some Nissan and Subaru parts. My Hawk front brake pads mentioned Nissan on the slip when I purchased them.

·
Reformed Ricer
07 STI, 07 STI, 10 Forester, 03 WRX
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats really interesting... i know a guy who put an evo motor in an elantra... i suppose anything is possible with the right amount of time, tools, and money.

·
Premium Member
1999 2.5RS Silverthorn
286 Posts
lol subaru uses the old nissan rear diffs i thot like the ones that come on the RS's were the same ones the 280z had on it

·
Registered
2000, Impreza, 2.5 RS,
139 Posts
I noticed the same thing with the power mirror control and power window controls and thought it was odd. But then again when when there are Saabarus, Eagle Talons, and Dodge Stealths, the idea of companies working together doesn't seem too strange.

·
Registered
98 2.5RS ~ EJ257D Hybrid
864 Posts
thats really interesting... i know a guy who put an evo motor in an elantra... i suppose anything is possible with the right amount of time, tools, and money.
Older elantras shared stuff with the mirage

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
a while ago when i took apart my door panels i realized the window and lock switches are made by nissan. is this factory? i didnt think nissan and subaru had anything in common.

... does this mean i can drop a nismo engine in my GC8? :blol:
Your rear LSD is similar to the Silvia's, Nissan's 4 pots and 2 pots out of the 300zx TT will fit on your impreza.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,046 Posts
Nissan makes lots of parts for other companies, like mitsubishi makes just about every damn ingnition you find on an atv (but mine), haha. Nissan made lots of electrical stuff, i see em all the time at the shop, ive even seen the mitsu star in the new legacys... =)

·
\m/(-_-)\m/
03 350z for now
491 Posts
Yeah Subaru uses Nissan electronics/switches/etc, that's why Subaru's hate Bosch shit just like my 240sx does! :lol:

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
Slightly old news. :D

But yes, there's several Nissan parts, strewn about in the cars. The RS also had a Mitsubishi alternator.

·
OG GC
MY00 BRP RS...still adding to
4,471 Posts
When I changed out my belts, I noticed they were Mitsubishi, too. And that was from a Subaru dealer... :confused:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts