Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was going to break down and buy a MRT intercooler sprayer kit a while ago but a coworker wrecked his Nissan Terrano/Pathfinder. Well since he wrecked his shit I figured I would use his rear washer tank and pump setup for my intercooler sprayer application. Its been sitting in his truck this whole time waiting for me to pull it out. Well yesterday I took care of it. Three bolts are all that holds the entire pump, tank and bracket in place. After I took it out of the truck I removed the washer tank from the bracket by sliding it out of the groove that holds it in place. Then I removed the two screws that hold the pump to the bracket. Finally I sand blasted the bracket down to clean metal again, sprayed it with a rust proofing material, primered it, painted it gloss black and finally I covered it with a clear coat. After it all dried I put it back together and added some wiring connectors so it will be a easy plug and play setup to a 12v switched power wire and a toggle switch. Not a bad setup for being free. Not to mention the rear washer pump Nissan uses is extremely strong because it has to pump fluid from the engine bay to the rear of the vehicle for the rear window. As a joke it was hooked up for the front washers only to find out its so strong it shoots the water over the windshield. So here are some pics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts