Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

501 - 520 of 524 Posts

·
Premium Member
1999 RBP RS
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #503
Been quiet here, but still churning along well. Scoobie is about to click over all 2's (222,222 miles). Can hear some rod knock coming into play now the engine has about 190k on it now. I'll probably modify my original phases and put a refreshed ej205 in before i dig into brakes/suspension. Wedding has been postponed due to covid, we were able to push everything until june next year. So I'm adjusting the budgets a bit to dig into the subaru again soon. Now the quarter is sorted I can't stop looking at the faded roof. Going to move some two wheelers and hoping to have the roof redone before this year's over.

Nothing really big finished on the subaru. A few small projects here and there that weren't photo worthy. I did replace my drivers vent (broken horizontal adjustment), replaced the leaking washer fluid pump and broken passenger side switch panel. Just need to get the last big rattle sorted (windshield defroster vent), but typical subarus - fix one loud rattle only to hear 3 quieter ones that it was masking

Here's a photo dump and I'll try to be around more as I get some small projects knocked off the list:
Put some back to black crap on the lip. It's done the best so far at keeping the old bakemono lip from getting chalky

Put my name in a raffle and local subaru dealer kept hitting me up for a test drive. So I took them up on it - 2020 WRX with like 200 miles on it, really comfortable and loved the creature comforts, but was very underwhelmed with the power. A friend let me drive his 2018 that has some basic mods on it that changed my mind on them

Had to nab one with the new STI. The body style looks great up close in my opinion

A little mid april snow to put a smile on my face

Sorry for the photofucket images still hanging in there. Working through all my project threads with google images, but it's a pain..

·
Premium Member
98 2.5RS - V2 WRX Swap
1,639 Posts
Car looks great man! Bummer about the wedding. My brother also had to postpone his wedding to next summer. Crazy times we're going through.

·
Premium Member
1999 RBP RS
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #506
Not a huge update, but a super aggravating thing that's been getting on my nerves. I finally replaced the frayed drivers seat belt with a good used replaced I picked up! It's so damn nice getting in and not wiggle the buckle around a big ball of threads.

Also clicked over all 2's and changed the oil. I let the car sit for a couple weeks and she let me know with a nasty oil starved knock on start up. Definitely feel the bearings are getting pretty rough and are on the way out.

Still need to open up the gauges and black out the K on km/h

Stuart the neighborhood junkyard cat hanging around while I was swapping in some fresh oil

Fairly sure the foam air filter (that my dumb ass hasn't cleaned/oiled in 30k+ miles) hasn't helped keep the engine clean and bearings healthy. Some cleaner/oil should be here monday to fix that situ. Still drives well with minimal rod knock, but I'm going to sell one of the two strokes from the collection and pick up a good used ej205 for a replacement.

·
Premium Member
1999 RBP RS
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #508
I may have just done something stupid.. Mileage is high on it, but it's everything I've been after for my next phase in life.

·
Premium Member
1999 RBP RS
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #510
Didn't want to jinx, but too giddy to stay silent haha. Heading tomorrow to pick up and will post for sure

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
747 Posts
Congrats, I say go for what you want. I'm interested in them pics as well.

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
612 Posts
Id drive it as is. Congrats man!

Reactions: bue car

·
Premium Member
1999 RBP RS
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #517
Couldn't resist.. I wish though!! That's my friend's from Nashville where I'm staying. Y'all should know my pockets don't run that deep!

Here's what I came after, not 1 of 40 white s209's, but it will make my little ol' couple 1 of 1 for me. 2004 sti drivetrain, but it has about 190k on it.. Been searching for years to find a good 04 donor, but timing never lined up for me. So when this came up for the price I had to jump on it! Complete drivetrain with everything I need all the way down to dccd switches (back of suburban has the sways, front axles, clutch/fly/pressure plate, clutch slave cyl, and driveshaft)

Need to do some thinking if I want to blow it apart to swap all bushings out and go polly bushings like I did with the 04 wrx setup. It will definitely be cleaned, possibly open the trans and inspect/replace anything needed, and everything refreshed. Engine will be pulled and shell clean back up again. Will likely go back in with a refreshed ej205, but then my Frankenmotor setup can be built and shoot for my 400hp goal

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
612 Posts
Yeah this makes more sense. Not that I wouldn't take a s209 in addition to an RSTI though.

Why 04 STI parts specifically?

501 - 520 of 524 Posts