Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

501 - 505 of 505 Posts

·
Premium Member
1999 RBP RS
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #503
Been quiet here, but still churning along well. Scoobie is about to click over all 2's (222,222 miles). Can hear some rod knock coming into play now the engine has about 190k on it now. I'll probably modify my original phases and put a refreshed ej205 in before i dig into brakes/suspension. Wedding has been postponed due to covid, we were able to push everything until june next year. So I'm adjusting the budgets a bit to dig into the subaru again soon. Now the quarter is sorted I can't stop looking at the faded roof. Going to move some two wheelers and hoping to have the roof redone before this year's over.

Nothing really big finished on the subaru. A few small projects here and there that weren't photo worthy. I did replace my drivers vent (broken horizontal adjustment), replaced the leaking washer fluid pump and broken passenger side switch panel. Just need to get the last big rattle sorted (windshield defroster vent), but typical subarus - fix one loud rattle only to hear 3 quieter ones that it was masking

Here's a photo dump and I'll try to be around more as I get some small projects knocked off the list:
Put some back to black crap on the lip. It's done the best so far at keeping the old bakemono lip from getting chalky

Put my name in a raffle and local subaru dealer kept hitting me up for a test drive. So I took them up on it - 2020 WRX with like 200 miles on it, really comfortable and loved the creature comforts, but was very underwhelmed with the power. A friend let me drive his 2018 that has some basic mods on it that changed my mind on them

Had to nab one with the new STI. The body style looks great up close in my opinion

A little mid april snow to put a smile on my face

Sorry for the photofucket images still hanging in there. Working through all my project threads with google images, but it's a pain..

·
Premium Member
98 2.5RS - V2 WRX Swap
1,623 Posts
Car looks great man! Bummer about the wedding. My brother also had to postpone his wedding to next summer. Crazy times we're going through.

501 - 505 of 505 Posts