Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

481 - 500 of 502 Posts

·
Premium Member
1999 RBP RS
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #481
After a little reading I think I could use a vac reservoir to allow boost to build while on CC, but that's just going to add to potential vac leakage.. I think I'll stick with the setup as-is for and give it a little gas on the steep hills. Might even help squeeze out some extra MPGs on the interstate drives! I'll likely start researching what it will take to wire in a WRX CC setup later on and go that route.

Got a couple driveway shots of the finished paint. It's already dirty and that's the way I like it.

Going to pull the fog covers today and see how the new projectors look with fogs showing

·
Premium Member
1999 RBP RS
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #482
Summer setup is in full effect!!

Went with 215 Michelin pilot sport 4s rubber and MUTEKI closed end lugs. Absolutely loving the setup!! Couldn't be happier on the fitment and look. I still need to look at the rear quarter that was replaced. I brought the wheels down with us to my in-laws. With the trunk loaded for a long weekend away, wheels/tires in the backseat and a full tank - the wrx wheel setup was still rubbing on the flange where the bumper attaches.. I'm over dropping it off at the body shop and plan to trim it back myself. With the new wheels on I'm clearing the fender, but still rubbing on that spot.

Heading to sell a shredped and drop off the setup to be mounted.

Mounted and ready to be installed

Had some help getting them on

My first look at em on

Now she needs a damn bath and some back to black crap for that ashy front bakemono lip!

·
Premium Member
1999 RBP RS
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #488
Agreed on chunking the wrx wheels! Car looks dull with them on. New winter setup isn't in the cards for a while with the wedding coming next year. Finally got one of the ped projects ready and sold it so I did buy one more small treat for her. Hoping to get them on this weekend at the latest.

Next step once the project budget recuperates is to buy another engine. I have the garage mostly unpacked and I'm itching to get my hands dirty again

·
Premium Member
1999 RBP RS
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #490
Definitely another 2 liter. There's a jdm one local that my subaru guy only wants a few hundred for it. Just something with less miles to drop in and keep the same tune for now. Then do something a bit more special with the current once it's pulled. Would really like to put a little more power down, but not much right now. Savings is getting tucked away for the 6 speed swap down the road a bit

·
Premium Member
1999 RBP RS
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #492
I would kill to get a set of 5 spokes back. Never can find some close enough or cheap enough to ship.. If I buy new winter setups I'd love to get all fanboy and find a set of the white oz rally racings.

I forgot to drop these here.. With the fog covers finally painted and in action, it was time finish out the light upgrade. Forgot how faded the yellow fog film was. I'm am scared of rocks now though haha. I'll probably be running the covers a lot to protect them..

Don't mind the bug guts, she's a road queen no show queen

I'm thinking of trying the $50 ebay lip over this old bakemono. I can never keep this thing from getting chalky..

Washed it and then didn't get a good photo before getting it dirty again..

·
Premium Member
1999 RBP RS
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #496
Since I am running out of projects psych I picked up this unit from a friend. Threw timing, but hoping the short block is salvageable for me. The start of me learning more about engine rebuilding and hopefully the foundation of my frankenmotor

·
Premium Member
1999 RBP RS
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #499
Long time no updates.. Still not a fan of the new site, but I won't give up on you goons and this project log.

Nothing too major on updates. Finally got the damn rebuilt quarter sorted. My body guy didn't lie when he said he'd stand by their work. Scoob had to go back multiple times, 3 rounds of metal work, 3 rounds of painting, but I now have a fully functional setup with no rubbing (so far). When the metal guy welded the inner structure back in place he either was off or the heat distorted the inner. So no matter how much they trimmed off the fender's lip it was still rubbing. He took to back this last time, reworked the metal and let me test drive before putting any paint back on. Since we've been going back and forth for almost a year now he painted my Bakemono Hi rise scoop and fixed my driver's mirror for free. Really pumped on how it came out. Next project will be tackling the roof. I knew this was going to happen - The more I paint the more flaws I see.. Once it's completely painted I'm going to be so stressed over new nicks/scrapes.

Scoop fitting. Rocked it raw black for a while and worried I wasn't going to like it. Until it was painted, then I was smitten with it

Shaker engine setup. Test fitting the WRX splitter, going to fit perfectly, just need to sort out extending the metal on front to reach mounting holes. Thinking I'll just slap some thin sheet metal on the splitter with rivets or panel bound adhesive as first attempt. I would love to get an Iwire splitter, but I want to retain the gasket the wrx uses to seal up again the IC

Work horse, sitting with about 350lbs of concrete in the boot. Durango was temporarily down, but Nicole didn't mind pulling some extra weight!

With all that weight it was apparent the fender needing fixed. Put it back in the shop for first attempt of trimming the lip. Was better, but still not perfect..

Pumpkin pickin' and rally pig sprints

Finally sorted, took it over some of the heavier bridges and bumps around and couldn't get it to rub at all! So damn happy

Finally home and painted. Absolutely love the scoop setup!!! Just enough, but not obnoxious like a GD scoop. I haven't had time to clean it up again and get some photos with the good camera. Winter wheels will be going back on shortly and I'll be looking to pay off this wedding in June and getting my sights set on the next power plant with a little more pep

Finally no more flaky mirror. I hate that all the big imperfections were on the drivers side so I would see every time getting in the car

Always love seeing it with a dusting of snow

On security cams

Or even with some icicles

Disclaimer - photofucket really is blowing it. I'm going to regret it, but I'll be canning that shit and moving all this links over to Google Photos. Going to be a long road to get all my old two wheeler projects updated, but I'm sick of paying for photobucket's garbage. Now the new site can only do 20 images per post, this is fucking annoying..

481 - 500 of 502 Posts