Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

461 - 480 of 505 Posts

·
Premium Member
1999 RBP RS
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #462
Still waiting for my other half of the wheels to clear customs.. I called Friday, told them the first half made it through. She took the other tracking number and immediately said, these should clear through and be dropped off at the post office shortly. No update on my tracking, but I'm hoping they show up sometime. My seller is following up with the Russian post to sort through the damage and is fighting for me. Don't have much hope of anything in return for the heartburn though..

Had a few scoobs together for a friend and her kids bday so I had to setup and snap one!

Told my fiance that I didn't have any photos of me driving the car to remember when I'm old and my memory is even more foggy. Then all the sudden, oh shit! you're taking my photo now?

lemme get my game face on..

Got a few things done while at my fiance's parents place. Picked up my new wiper linkage arms and got those on. Also fixed the leak from my washer fluid reservoir and adjusted my headlights a bit. So glad to not have my wiper slap my A pillar now.

Out with the old, passenger side bushing had completely disintegrated..

In with the new

Their neighbors cat Jack came through to beg for some treats

All buttoned up, washer fluid staying put, drivers side light adjusted and ready to knock a couple more things off the list soon!

·
Premium Member
1999 RBP RS
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #464
Finally.. My other two wheels have cleared customs and are in route, unfortunately I'll be out of town until next week so I will get the post to hold them until I return. Hoping for no damage on these two...

·
Premium Member
1999 RBP RS
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #465
Guys I have a complete set!! ..and they all have some sort of shipping damage.. Just smaller nicks on these 2, but at least they made it through customs after a 3 week delay. My seller is working the Russian post to see if there's anything they can do. I'm not sure if it's the translator program or if he's just dodging my question, but I've still not gotten a straight answer if he purchased any shipping insurance on the packages.. Don't have high hopes for a positive outcome on it though. Seller said he'd fix and repowder them, but shipping would be more expensive than just fixing them myself.

Word from the dumb, if you have an old clunker buy old clunker wheels so your hopes and dreams don't go down in flames..

Wheel 3 _ hoping this one didn't get smashed out of round.. Going to take the set to a pro and have them inspected before working through any kind of repair/chipping prevention.

Wheel 4 _ a mint front lip, and only a couple chips on the back lip

BUT the good thing is I do have a complete set of wheels now!!

Too bad the money I've been whittling to save for tires will be going to a crown and a filling. All them damned sweets finally catching up to me

·
Premium Member
1999 RBP RS
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #467
Now with more crusie control! Just a temp setup to make sure everything functioned before investing more time. Works like a dream, so nice to have it back!

·
Premium Member
1999 RBP RS
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #471
Nah it'll stay there, turbo/dp blankets keep that side of engine bay cool-ish actually. I'll just clean up the mounting (currently zip tied to strut brace) and clean up the vac line. I've read a few people on here running in this location without any issues. If it ends up having issues I'll take some effort to wire/setup a wrx CC.

·
Premium Member
1999 RBP RS
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #472
Got the wiring sorted yesterday and was chomping at the bit to test fit them! Not perfect fitment, but close enough. Forgot my depot lights were the old glass lens ones so they'll be great start for future project of full retrofits.

I still need to clean and finalize wiring, but loving the look of them!! Tomorrow I'm going to try and finish these and maybe finally reinstall my supertones.

·
Premium Member
1999 RBP RS
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #475
Those are just the cheapo ebay projector lights, I think SpecD or something. I didn't get time to wire them in after install so I'll get some cut-off/output photos when I do

Dropped the car off at the body shop yesterday to get the paint fixed. It's already in and torn down so hopefully will be back before the week is out!

·
Premium Member
1999 RBP RS
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #477
Got the car back from the body shop today! Unfortunately the paint still isn't 100% spot on haha.. I'm happy with it though. Was a shade too light last time, now a shade too dark. My body shop switched their paint line last week and I'm much happier with the color he put on. It looks a shade darker straight on, but the sidetone is so close. Honestly, once I get the cash/time for a full respray I think I will go with this color as the little bit darker tone looks great in my opinion. He also did spray the lower end of my trunk to get ride of the 2.5rs badge ghost line.

This was a shot from before I went back and picked it up after assembly. I'll get a clean photo this weekend showing the color. Can't wait to get time and slap on my LW bumper beams

Going to take the car tomorrow up to Douthat state park to celebrate a good friend and his dad's bdays. So I dug into getting the projectors wired up.

*Endless wiring ramblings*
Hooked everything up as I did when sorting the wiring. Worked perfect! Or so I thought since it was day light and I couldn't really see the light output. Drove it after the sun set and damn if the drivers side projector wasn't firing off leaving me with only the passenger side going to high beam.. Came home torn it apart and I had the wires from the projector backwards. There's one small connector inside the headlight boot/housing that I had taken apart when trying to figure out the wiring and I guess I slapped it in backwards. Fixed it, triple checked and tested before the final tape. All good. Taped up and secured the housing's boot. Final test = Frigging projector wouldn't fire again!! Was getting frustrated, but new wiring was right so I pull the boot and the small connector inside wasn't making good contact. Cut that little bastard out and butt connected the wires together. I'll go back when I have more time and solder/shrink wrap all the connections, but for now it's up and running as it should.

Drove over to the local middle school as it's the only low light flat spot with a wall I could aim my lights with. Dialed them in the best I could without pulling out a tape measure. Angle/rotation of the projects seem slightly off, and I may raise both of them up a hair more later. BUT cut off is beautiful and light output/pattern is a million times better than my depo lights (always had hot spots with the depos). Really happy with them so far, but I'm sure after some time the cheapness of the ebay setup will show its ugly face

·
Premium Member
1999 RBP RS
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #479
Got a good drive in over the weekend. Forgot to nab a photo of the newly painted quarter. Looks much better after full assembly! Allllmost spot on, but way better than the lighting shade that was on it.

Headlights need to be raised quite bit, start to overdrive the low beams around 35-40 mph. The light output and pattern is still 100% better than depos. I do worry about the butt connectors I put in the drivers side. I know the lights will put out some heat and I need to do a proper solder and heat shrink wrap. I don't want that cheapo butt connector melting on any of my long drives up into wild and wonderful WV.

For my cruise control.. It's a treat having it back, but I need to fine tune it a bit more. With the RS CC (vac controlled) running off of the WRX vac setup it refuses to throttle up and run into boost. Downhill and flatland is no problem and it works great, but running up steep hills it pulls right up to 0psi and will only run 1psi if I force it with the lever. I need to research if there's another spot I could pull vac pressure from that isn't as effected by boost. Currently it is T'd in and running off of the IM's front nipple.

I did another UOA and my lead is still high, lower than each of the other analysis, but still too high. I'm starting to thing my foam perrin filter is letting too much dirt n grime in causing excess bearing wear. Espeically since I haven't cleaned/oiled the filter in nearly 30k since the swap (shame shame). Going to clean and oil it and run another test. If still high I may end up switching to a pleated paper style filter to test

461 - 480 of 505 Posts