Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

381 - 400 of 501 Posts

·
Premium Member
1999 RBP RS
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #381
It's in the works! She was adopted when she was young and her parents that adopted her are split up. So birth mom, mom and step dad, dad and step mom plus the grandparents.. I have a lot of people to ask for their good graces (I'm old fashion..)

Hmm good thinking Bue. I took it to the dealership last time 'cause the tech is an old friend and does great work. I barely could convince the managers to let me be in there with him working on it. Doubt they would let me sit on the racks with it. Will have to check with another friend that works in a non dealership shop. Could probably get away with an after hours check to see if sitting inside makes something shift off.

Working to lose some weight so tool time is low for a while, but it may end up helping with the setup if it has something to do with my gut!

And FB timeshop told me 3 years ago today I had a hover car stripped flying on jack stands. Can't wait to get another house hopefully with garage and build another. Next dream build is to get a brat (was my first subaru I ever rode in of my Dads) and swap it

·
Premium Member
1999 RBP RS
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #383
Clutch pedal squeak is back :unamused:

If work doesn't send me out of town again I'm going to try and get the washer fluid rezzy leak fixed and knock the pins out of the clutch pedal arm and give it a good lube job this week.

·
Premium Member
1999 RBP RS
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #385
Finally spurred AEM hard enough and they sent me a matching bezel for my gauges!! Guess this means I'll have to finish installing my failsafe wiring that's been falling down on my feet for months now. Also actually hook up my oil pressure gauge that's been patiently waiting for me to quite bojangling..

Woke up this morning to about 7 inches of snow so I got some things done around the house and then dragged into work. Got to hoon a bit in the local church parking lot before actually commuting in. Main roads were clear and just wet, but our country roads still had a decent slush coverage.

·
Premium Member
1999 RBP RS
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #391
We usually get none of the sort, but managed a rare tornado a few years back. We do get to feel all the season around here and guaranteed daily temp swings. I always say, "You know you live in southwest Virginia when you drive to work with the heat running and come back home with the a/c pumping." We haven't had a good snow in years though, everyone freaked over 7" and cleared every local store out of bread n milk

·
Premium Member
1999 RBP RS
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #394
Another smaller nor'easter. We should manage one more this weekend that is aiming to drop about a foot on us!! Not going to stop my snow dance just yet, I need some more practice hooning with the turbo engine

Got some unsettling news from my UOA.. My lead is out the roof. Haven't heard any unusual noises lately, but I did get a little low on oil last oil change before topping it back up. Funny timing as I've been doing some reading/research to move towards maybe attempting some tuning myself some day. For the past few weeks I've been reading on preignition/detonation and have been watching my knock feedback and DAM on the accessport without any abnormal numbers with my current map (stage 2 street tune via IAP). I'll be keeping a close look at oil level this round and will send out another sample to insure nothing is heading south quick. Already about 2k on this oil change so I'll get this next round off for analysis asap. Praying it was just a participial streak or some other non life threatening issue.

My goal was to get my next house asap and starting building my next engine to put it in before summer 2020, but with this news I may need to start budgeting for the engine a bit sooner.

House hunting has been going OK, but it's still a serious sellers market. Have a few on the radar, but they are a hair out of what I want to pay up. The GF had a job interview for her dream job here in Radford. Two elementary school PE teacher positions opened up for this coming school year and we are hoping to lock her into one. Her interview went well and we'll hear back by second week of April. Win or lose on the job we plan to get her up here by the end of this summer!!

·
Premium Member
1999 RBP RS
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #396
Bearings :run:

I've heard some mixed info on running short ram style intakes, but from what I can find they mainly will produce high silicon and not show any spikes in lead. I'm going to keep a close eye on it that's for damn sure. Going to put a good AOS on the short list too, couldn't hurt :blow_money_original

·
Registered
'00 RS / V5 STI
572 Posts
Bearings :run:

I've heard some mixed info on running short ram style intakes, but from what I can find they mainly will produce high silicon and not show any spikes in lead. I'm going to keep a close eye on it that's for damn sure. Going to put a good AOS on the short list too, couldn't hurt :blow_money_original
After speaking with onefasazn I looked into AOS and agree with his sentiment - the IAG made AOS is the best quality hardware you can get. For someone who intends to keep their RS for a while, it's a worthwhile investment.

Then, you know, just spec out and build a V8 and make it, "Super dope." Or run a 257 lower with 207 heads for quicker spool.

Oh, an I pulled the trigger on ape-ing your gauge setup. Hopefully will have it all installed in the next few weeks.

-TC

·
Registered
2001 SRP RS Coupe, 05 FXT
304 Posts
The IAG AOS is a quality piece. Expensive, but once you get one in your hands you realize why it cost what it does.

·
95 Coupe, 95 Sedan & 95 Wagon
12,210 Posts
^ unless you know how to source parts and engineer it together. ;)

You can do a lot with the right materials where you need them. You can make one at home starting with a cheap universal one that you can open and such, put your own baffle and tube system, use a micron filter, done.

People can laugh because you did not pay big bucks for name brand, but if you did your research on it, built it yourself, etc, YOU have the pride in knowing you have a better product than what most think, made it yourself, and can watch the fruits of your labor work.

Business is business. You copy someone, tweak it how you want, then claim it as yours. Some don't even both to change the design :lol:

just blatant copyright

I have been awake too long :unamused:

·
Premium Member
1999 RBP RS
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #400 (Edited)
AOS separator will come eventually. Trying to stay focused and finish loose ends before starting new mini mods.

Yesterday marked a whole decade with this lovely little machine. I've learn more than I could have ever imagined while tinkering with her. So I spoiled her a bit yesterday and gave her some camera time.

Even pulled the good cam out for the first time in a while

Date night started with dinner

Then a good washing

That rusty quarter is the next thing I'll be spending money on. Going to drop it off at a local body shop to fix it right. Will likely have them blend some paint to make it a 10 from 10ft, then save up for complete clean and respray down the road.

Then to the gym to give this fleshy vehicle some attention. First time I've arrived to a full lot and left to a nearly empty lot.

Then home to retake the first photo I ever snapped of her once I was the owner. Original;

10 years to the day later, almost to the exact hour

Been busy house hunting and now an added potential job shift. My GF got a verbal offer on the job she was after! Just waiting for the school board meeting and for them to work up the contract. So that's a huge relief, but adds pressure to finding a house asap.. We put an offer in on a house that would have been perfect (a hair on the smaller side, but had a garage), but was outbid.. I even offered $5k over their asking price and made it not contingent on home inspection.. So wrench time has still been low, free time is taken by house hunting and getting any time I can exercising to get my cruise bod in shape before we ship out May 11th. My first cruise, pretty pumped on it

381 - 400 of 501 Posts