Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, well to start it off the 2.5 RS really intrests me, i love the car, always have.

Right now I own a 2002 Mazda Protege5 and a 1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R, and am thinking of trading/selling them both infavor of a 99-00 Subaru 2.5RS. I could get about 13k for the P5 and 5k for the SE-R, so id have a pretty substancial start for a 2.5.

What im lookin at is i want a 99-00 2.5, in blue, and basically what i want to do is convert it to that year of wrx, meaning engine swap to the EJ20, the STi 6 speed and such, and any other parts needed.

Im a newbie so dont yell at me too much :D but im wondering what the wrx conversion would cost to do it correctly. Also what would the price of the car with 50-60k or less miles on it?

Thanks guys, I plan on lurking around here too and getting to know everyone! :D

·
Registered
139 Posts
i bought mine 2 weeks ago it's a MY00 2.5 , blue ridge paint, 5speed, and 59k miles on it. cost was 14,500. i live in oregon so price value may be different.

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO 6spd
4,229 Posts
You should be able to pick up a 98 for ~9k if you look around. The WRX swap from I-Speed is around $7k I believe. The 6spd sill probably be another $3k. These numbers are just from memory and could be wrong.

JC

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
my boyfriend just finished putting a 2.0Turbo into his 95 Impreza

engine, crossmember, radiator, intercooler, fans, hoses, new tranny, new diff, Autronic to map it...

well over 9k for the parts alone, and counting.
this doesnt include labor as most of the work we do ourselves.

it aint cheap but DAMN that car is fast :D

Jamie - www.subiegalracing.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts