Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While poking around today pricing the widebody offerings I noticed a couple things.

A: AIT No longer has any offerings for GC-8 platform cars on their website. I wonder if they're phasing out production for our cars. I've contacted them to find out what the deal is. You can still find them on Ebay however.

B: Noticed a new player on the market in the world of Widebody GC-8 products. Company called VSaero. Only one seller on Ebay, who's fairly new, and no website I can find. Their front fenders seem extremely wide and they offer a 4 door package that's competitively priced with AIT's offerings. I've linked to these products below.

VSaero Fronts

VSaero Rears (4 Door)

Anybody have any insight into or thoughts about these new products?

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right. Looking at his feedback it doesn't seem like anyone has purchased the kits yet.

·
Registered
98 RBP RS
273 Posts
If you want 22b but for a 4dr Launsport has them. I've been working with them to get my kit for my L. :)

They have the true 98 22b and the 2000 wrc which is a slight variation of the 98.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Launsport makes a great kit...... AIT isn't very quality. Its like . Step up from duraflex. Honestly if the launsport kit doesn't come with handles for the rear doors that's a real turn off.

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One would expect a kit that costs at least 10 times more to be of higher quality, no? I've honestly never heard a bad thing about the AIT fenders.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Most guys don't care because they aren't going on show cars and if they are people expect work to get them to fit...... last AIT bumper I did took 3 Hours and a lot of grinding to make it fit good. Its definitely better then the duraflex garbage without a doubt but its no where near a heroism or launsport.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
the one complaint i have about those is they are all the rivit on style....... personally it looks no where near as clean. only way i would EVER consider something like that is if it was a drift or race car.

·
Registered
The subaru of many acronyms
1,919 Posts
i might have to get a set of these, too bad they dont make any 2 door rears, wonder why

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On the website I posted above there are a couple options for 2 door rear fenders.

·
Registered
The subaru of many acronyms
1,919 Posts
yeah but there not the brand previously mentioned, so i wonder if theres as much flare too them

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The installed pictures look pretty nice, but that's a promotional install too. The VSaero units are wider than the AIT set it seems.

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anybody have anymore insight into these fenders? It's been a few months since I originally found them.

·
Registered
96 Impreza GM4.5
146 Posts
I was thinking the same also but to bad they don't ship to Hawaii unless someone buys it then ships it to me haha.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP Coupe
1,772 Posts
Did anyone ever pick VSaero up?

I am planning to get them to put on rally car project.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts