Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
01 Impreza 2.5rs Sedan
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone im somewhat new to the whole subaru scene and i was just wondering how they are on Theft? Im worried cuz i also own a 95 Civic and out here they get scooped like candy lol... But anyways the subarus a 01 2.5rs Salvaged... I cant find many posts on stolen cars here so i assume its a good thing...

Someone please Help me out here...thanks

·
Registered
Mazda 3
2,484 Posts
in my whole life ive never hear of a subaru being stolen, or broken into, and i live near the straight up hood, East St. Louis, the reason St. Louis is number one in murders and crime, most dangerous city in U.S. ;) haha

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
in my whole life ive never hear of a subaru being stolen, or broken into, and i live near the straight up hood, East St. Louis, the reason St. Louis is number one in murders and crime, most dangerous city in U.S. ;) haha
You sure... I thought Memphis took that title recently :lol:. Anyway, Nah scoobies don't seem to be to bad on theft. in the nearly 4 years I've been on here I can only think of reading about a couple of them.

·
Registered
Mazda 3
2,484 Posts
You sure... I thought Memphis took that title recently :lol:. Anyway, Nah scoobies don't seem to be to bad on theft. in the nearly 4 years I've been on here I can only think of reading about a couple of them.
lol you may be right, but whats the difference really, all i hear about round here was chop shops for bikes, and people stealing Cats off of cars, get a cat delete pipe and you wont have that problem ;)

·
Registered
01 2.5RS White - 4EAT
729 Posts
It's highly unlikely they'll steal the car. It's too rare for them to make a fast buck and too flashy (at least the Impreza line) to not be noticed by cops. I'd be more worried about aftermarket goodies inside the car (stereo, amps, etc).

·
Modsterdomus
2000 STM RS Sedan 5spd
7,849 Posts
If it is swapped you have more of a chance of being stolen. I have yet to hear a stock RS got swiped. Only STi's and swapped cars.

Chris

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
Let's be honest here, Subaru's are the easiest car to break into. Specially the GC8...I can't tell you how many times I had to "open" my GC8 because I locked the keys inside...but on the other hand I owned my GC8 for 8 years and I lived in some not so friendly parts of L.A. for a while and never had an issue with the car being broken into and or stolen. You'll be fine.

·
wood grain grippin'
v2 STi wagon
3,399 Posts
Ha! There have been several threads started by people who have had their cars stolen... and I've seen a shit ton of threads on NASIOC about car thefts.

and if you live in Jersey :LOL:

but you're right, these don't get lifted nearly as often as Hondas

1 - 8 of 8 Posts