Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up people? I just got a 2002 RS 2.5 and wanted to know some things. I need information! ANYTHING will help. I need to know it all.

Much respect!

Tim Lancaster A.K.A. Hyjinx

i now know what its like to drive one of these!

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
Welcome to the world of N/A subarus! Do searches on this club and others and you'll find just about anything you need. Couple of pointers, don't rice out the scooby... we're quite harsh ;) . Neon, strobes, you know what I mean. As for performance parts they're out there, the good stuff is NOT cheap. I'd suggest he basic intake, cat-back to start your power gains. Upgrade the springs, struts, rear swaybar for handling. Other than that... enjoy!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boy, thanx for your help! Although, I'm VERY new to this. You're going to have to slllloooowwww down.

I still have my 1966 Retro beetle that I bought to learn more about cars. HA HA! Well, now I know a little bit about it, I'm selling it.

Anyways, where exactly would or could I start upgrading without voiding my warranty?

Also, I do not plan on riceing it out! I like the slick as sh*t look without all the nonsense of eurolights and neon this and body kits that look like shista.

I'm gettin it tinted tomorrow, and thinking about what intake, muffler, and short throw shifter to get along with what else? i need to start with the simple mods first. Thanx for your help!

cheers,
Tim

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
Not totally sure about intakes for the new ('02) 2.5. Realistically, anything is an improvement over stock. As for exhaust, mind your budget. I cannot justify $400-$500 for a cat back so I've had custom pipng bent (including header and high flow cat) mated to a cheapo Aerospeed muffler. Total project was under $300! Best thing I can tell you is shop around! There's a lot of great parts out there, and there are a lot of great prices... there are also some HUGE markups. Try looking around the classifieds too, you can get great deals there. When in doubt, ask.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts