Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all new to these forums so i thought id just say hi ask some questions i just picked up a 2000 4 door rs a few months ago and ive come to find that its not all that fast lol it didnt really bother me at first but i have since got my z up and running and its putting my rs to shame so im looking at doing some motor work on it and im wondering with everything still stock can i turbo it and do you know how much the stock motor can handle befor stuff starts to break? thx for all your help

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
How many miles are on the RS?

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
meh, I wouldn't turbo it. Just get some NA mods---->sway bars make a huge difference, if you want performance gains I'm going to say OBX headers, exhaust, coilovers, cams etc. Also, NA RS's are not fast at all in a staright line, but when it comes to twisties that is a different story. Some of the gurus on here will be able to help you out a lot more than me though .

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thx for all your help ill have to go find some of those gurus and pick there brains =b you have a good one

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
I forgot to add that even when you add all of these modifications to an NA subie your only going to max out at about 200hp if I am correct. The gurus we'll come to you just be patient. Also forgot to add an air intake, CAI or short ram.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok thx and one more thing on a diff not right under my user name it says 1.8L do you know how i can change that?

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs Silv
1,436 Posts
Stock internals will only be able to hold up to about 5 psi. That's what I've heard. If you want, there's always the option to swap. Either the wrx engine or sti engine. Swaps will put a huge dent in ur cash though. Building the engine, like upgrading internals and stuff, seems to be the cheaper way.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ya that was the plain in the beging one of my friends worked at a junk yard and he had a 06 sti motor and trany that he said i couls have for 1500 at that price i was all over that so i went out and got the car and when i went to get the motor he had just sold it =( too little to late i guess lol and i have some extra turbo's lying around from other builds so i was just wondering if the motor could handle it oh you said the motor can only hold about 5 lbs can everything else hold that too ecu, injectors and all that stuff?

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
Mine started out as 1.8L also. For some reason it goes up as you post more. For instance I am 2.7L and I have a 2.5L. It's weird

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
ok thanks for all your help. With what ive been told i think lil just have to go with a swap. lol
As soon as my motor goes that's what I will be doing. Have fun man

1 - 16 of 16 Posts