Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS Sedona Red Pearl
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I just wanted to drop an initial post here to introduce myself. I'm currently a Subaru Ambassador and NASIOC member and I have been looking for a decent 2.5RS Coupe to start a RSTI project.

I am currently finishing up the build on my 2011 WRX which can be found here.

Shots of my 2011 WRX from the Grimmspeed Booth during Boxerfest 2017 and the IAG booth at Wicked Big Meet 2017

I am also the owner of a 1997 Legacy Outback that is my daily driver, her name is Bessie.

Fast forward to early last week. Tracked down a local 2000 2.5RS in Sedona Red Pearl with what looked like some minor rear quarter cancer. I'm not quite ready for a new project but at the list price of $2500, I had to go take a look. After seeing the car and its condition I picked it up for $2000 with the intent of doing a full restoration with an EJ257 swap. I look forward to doing my research on the forums and meeting the regulars. Appreciate everyone's time and attention to taking a look at the thread. I'll be starting a build journal soon enough.

The new 2.5RS

The Cancer:

Comments or suggestions moving forward are appreciated :D

-Improbus

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,852 Posts
if you haven't seen them on the facefuckbookspace, there's a guy that does replacement panels for that section of the car. cut out, weld in. or, just go widebody.

also, welcome to the club and good luck with the project.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
if you haven't seen them on the facefuckbookspace, there's a guy that does replacement panels for that section of the car. cut out, weld in. or, just go widebody.

Thanks man. I saw the SubieSavers or whatever. Might go ahead and order them. I heard that you can cut the arches out of the front fenders as well. The front fender replacements are pretty cheap on RockAuto.

I really would like to do widebody and/or flares to fit some additional meat. I really like the 18x9.5" +38 with 265/35R18 Setup I run on the WRX.

Initially I was thinking V7 EJ207 with a WRX USDM ECU but the more I research a straight swap from a USDM WRX for an EJ205/EJ255 or a USDM 04-07 STI for an EJ257 would probably be easier. I intend to sub out the wiring to IWIRE but I'll be doing everything else in my garage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pulled the Rear Bumper Cover to get a look at the rust.

It wasn't as bad as anticipated for a car from the North East, typical quarter panel and rocker repair needed.

Though I'm wondering how much of the lower part of the quarter panel is even needed other than the HVAC vent.

·
Registered
98 2.5RS, GT30R, Haltech E1000
1,253 Posts

I'm gonna be looking @ widebody options. Whos this guy?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts