Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a little back story. One day I had my uncles baja in the shop and I caught the subaru bug. I have always been an rx7 guy and well I have always wanted to do a subaru. So I looked up on kijiji. Canadas craiglist and found a 2000 GC8 for 1600 as is. Went to go check it out and it had a spare tire on it. Well after a few min of hagling I ended up with my first gc8 for 800. I didnt even drive it. I started it and thats it. So I was driving it a bit and well that didnt take long till I ordered my sti engine. So this is a how it is now.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After the suspension. I installed Raceland ultimos and I have to say they ride amazing! Turns out previous owner had cut springs all the way around! and thats why it was on a spare the sring cut the tire! This is how it sits now with the suspension I have on it. This is was the first night i got it home.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And now the fun begins...Out with the old. And in with the new. Right now I'm just installing a version 5 sti engine along with 3" downpipe with high flow cat, 3" exhaust. It will hopefully get me by for the winter before I feel the urge to do more mods.

Next will be a full Version 6 kit and full body work. As well as version 6 interior. I will keep it updated as I do more work.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I have the engine in and pretty much all mechanicals done. Cat back is also installed. Waiting on may sensor, and my intercooler. Jdm engine supplier forgot to drop it off when the engine was dropped off. So I'll be stopping by to pick it up along with some hose and bits and pieces I noticed I needed. Also waiting on downpipe. Should hopefully have this all done by next weekend. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
update!

So I have almost everything in. I went to my engine supplier today and told him he supplied the wrong MAF so I went exhanged it and what did i see? A complete air box with MAF attatched!! Also Since he forgot to supply me with a TMIC he gave me a newer version with a blitz bov already installed! Also here are some pics of the exhaust installed so far. Minus the downpipe

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah! its only been a week or so. Im hoping have it back on the road this weekend. If everything arrives on time. This weekend will be putting the harness back in! thank god! This is my first subaru im building. I'll be welding the stock location of the BOV and moving it to the passanger side since the IAC valve is in the way.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So far 500 for the motor. Since I sold my old motor. I got zephyr to do my wiring 600. Gauges and Gauge pod 250. Exhaust 500. So far pretty close to 2000 grand with misc. Stuff. Labor has been free since I have my own shop.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It lives!!!

Well I just got home from the shop. I finished up the wiring i got from zepher. And it starts!!! Only a couple more things to do. I just have to finish installing my dash FML. also guages, and odds and ends. I will try and post a video and pics tomorrow!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts