Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Silver 96 WRX STi ver.II wagon
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey there, I've had my Ver. II STi wagon for about 8 months now. It's silver and I love it. I haven't modded it yet, but I'm picking up some Ver. III wheels with Falken Azena's for it soon.

So far I have only two problems, the high price of Premium here and the fact that I don't know what brake pads to get for it or where to get them from.

·
Registered
1998 2.5 RS, Brilliant Red
1,357 Posts
Welcome... nice clean wagon !
Are you running the 4 pot/2 pot brakes on it ?
As a last resort, any Subaru dealership would be able to get you a set of the right OEM pads.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, No it's 2-pot/1-pot. I found out that I can get some 90-94 Turbo Legacy Front pads and the rear pads from a 98 RS Impreza will work.

·
Registered
1999,GC8 WRX,Champaign
34 Posts
Great pic! Your car looks great. I got my 1999 sedan about 6 months ago and I love it. I feel your pain with the price of gas. They only sell regular on base and premium off base can be more than $6 a gallon! Crazy! Sometimes what I do is get 2000-3000 yen worth of premium and I fill the rest up on the base. You can do that if you have base access. I also use octane boosters.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, yeah Base gas would be great if it didn't limit Boost and retard timing. I fill up off base when I can. but 6.90 a gal is rough. I will have to get some more pics soon. Unfortunately a little while back my neighbor opened his door hard enough to dent the heck out of my passenger door...did it twice to once to the front passenger door and once to the rear. Gotta find out where I can get it popped out.

·
Registered
2001 DBP Impreza 2.5 RS
125 Posts
You should talk to the people in the Japan thread under the regional section, like JdmGary said. I'm sure they will point you in the right direction. Nice car can't wait to see more pictures! :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
It's been a bit. But I got new brakes, and a set of Ver. 7 wheels coming in tomorrow or Saturday. I've got to take some pics of the brakes, but those will be up soon. I've got to get tires for the new rims so that'll take a bit longer to get on car pics, but I'll post up pics of the rims themselves as soon as I pick them up.

I've also got the Ver. III rims, but I found the Ver. 7 wheels at a good price so I couldn't resist.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The weather was really nice today so I was able to get some pictures. These pics have my Ver. 3 wheels. I've still got to get tires for my V7s. You can see my Slotted rotors though, the only "mod" other than my turbo timer.

Got my stickers on, too. I'm sure the line at the bottom of them isn't supposed to be there, but I think it looks good.

These are just the pics I took. My wife takes better pictures, so I'll be adding those in a few minutes.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.