Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
gm2 coupe / gf4/ cb7 saloon
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
names tommi

been wanting a gc8 for a long while now and up untill recent i wasnt serious about tracking down a gc but being that im on a local forum thats full of subie enthusiasts i was gonna roll a subie but not jus any subie. i wanted the hard to find gc8 that no one does up. being the person i am. i'm up for the challenge of gettin a hold of one and hopefully later down the road swap the ej20 or the usdm swap in the car.

this is all new to me so bare with me. i come from a accord forum and respected in the sense. i hope to build a gc and stick around here and start a new.

still lookin for the perfect gc to buy. been jus floatin around classifieds and newbie sections researchin it up.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
this one im curently lookin at. its a 97 brighton guessing it has the 1.8L. :/
also cuz of the angle i cant really see any body rust. i know the qtr panels rust out like crazy on these like my honda does. and the a pillar area.

the guy says car has 167k on it. and not sure of any maint items on it. as he's had it for 4 months. sounds fishy right there. says wanting to sell it cuz it just sits in his garage. he bought it for mpg instead of driving his suv. but its just been sitting.
just ran a kbb on it says a excellent one is 1500 very good 1400 and good is 1200 guy is asking 2500. i think the guys price is still too steep.

·
Registered
99 rustbox
1,042 Posts
i'd give him 1k.... no offense to you or your mechanical knowhow, but please dont start throwing out that you're going to do a swap and "22b it". You WILL get flamed by each and every ignorant asshole outside of the newbie section (sometimes in the newbie section). SEARCHING IS YOUR BEST OPTION AT THIS POINT! Learn everything you can before asking questions as to prevent this: http://www.rs25.com/forums/f106/t169506-non-jdm-swap-aka-usdm-swap.html

anyways if there is little to no rust, jump on it for a lower price! gl in your search

·
Registered
01 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS
49 Posts
Yeah I kinda notice a lot of people flame on each other unlike mr2 forum everyone is nice. Everyone has an opinion on how they want their car to look like. But there are limits as well on how you want it to look. Good luck in ur build :)

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
my lil 1.8 l brighton
mystic blue. 5spd. has 167k on the clock.
bought it on sunday three hours from where i live and drove it home

has a vc leak and the headgasket seems to be ok.
cv boot on the pass front is busted. other than that some dings here and there but damn the qtr panels were clean as fuhhh.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
did some work to the impreza today. gave it a nice bath, vaccumed and engine detail. wiped dash, glass down, installed brake leds and installed amber 194 sidemarker bulbs. my led ones off my accord wouldnt fit :/

all in all ,i feel like it was a good day today.

dirty and unloved.... :/

happy family... [: yes they are all my cars.

nice and shiney [:

thx for lookin'

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.