Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i just bought my first car which is a 2003 impreza 2.5RS and i need some ideas and advice on what to add to it or some basic mods that dont require too much money. I'm not expecting to turn it into a race car, just some simple mods such as CAI and suspension mods. It's already got a good sounding exhaust.
I want to add a hood scoop to help cool down the engine more and an STI spoiler for the looks, but im new to all this and dont even know if i should buy the bonnet with the scoop or make a hole and install the scoop lol???

·
Registered
99RS 207 V9 AW
1,285 Posts
Buy WRX hood with scoop, don't cut up your hood please. For tails, buy a STi trunk/wing WRB to make her have a sexy rear end.

·
Registered
2002, Impreza 2.5RS, PSM
422 Posts
Welcome to the site! and nice RS!

Please start here:
http://www.rs25.com/forums/f106/t80104-budget-build-faq.html

Also check out some members journals here (you'll get a good idea of which mods usually get done first). These are all cars that have the GD chassis code like yours so if you see something you want to do/try later on you'll know who you can ask, or what parts were used.
http://www.rs25.com/forums/f145/t164017-gd-2002-2007-2-5rs-i-directory.html

Also, as with many other forums, always please remember to use the search function, if you cannot find a suitable answer to your question, then create a thread to ask.

Again welcome to the site, and best of luck with your vehicular endeavors!

·
I kill threads!
2000 Ver 6 STI - 1996 Gravel Express
3,749 Posts
I wouldn't waste time with a CAI, just a better drop-in filter. Suspension, all depends what you want to do, how much you want to spend, and how much abuse you can withstand.

As for a hood scoop, it's not doing to cool your engine down at all. A cooler thermostat, larger radiator, etc is going to cool your engine down a whole lot more than a hood scoop would ever do. Hell you can take off your whole hood and do less cooling than just a cooler thermostat would do.

Besides, your engine runs better at certain temps and you really don't want to be messing with that anyways.

Only thing I'd do with that car is suspension, better stereo components, and things to make it look better, in your eyes at least. Who gives a damn what others think.

My first mod on that car would be these.

·
Registered
2001 BRP Impreza RS Sedan
318 Posts
I wouldn't waste time with a CAI, just a better drop-in filter. Suspension, all depends what you want to do, how much you want to spend, and how much abuse you can withstand.

As for a hood scoop, it's not doing to cool your engine down at all. A cooler thermostat, larger radiator, etc is going to cool your engine down a whole lot more than a hood scoop would ever do. Hell you can take off your whole hood and do less cooling than just a cooler thermostat would do.

Besides, your engine runs better at certain temps and you really don't want to be messing with that anyways.

Only thing I'd do with that car is suspension, better stereo components, and things to make it look better, in your eyes at least. Who gives a damn what others think.

My first mod on that car would be these.

link to those^ please!

EDIT: nvm i found em! :rotflmao:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-Of-2-Bi...639?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item485fee4f0f

·
I kill threads!
2000 Ver 6 STI - 1996 Gravel Express
3,749 Posts
Googly eyes would be the sole reason I'd ever buy a bugeye

1 - 6 of 6 Posts