Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello RS25, I just purchased Rota Grids. I've been looking all night for help on forums but couldn't find anything. They are 17'', with a 25 offset. I am going to mount them on my 2004 2.5 RS, and I am running Eibach springs.

Just wondering if the offset for the Grids will work, or if I'll need to get some spacers.

Also, so many options and people bickering about tires all over forums. I'm thinking about settling on 235/40/17?

·
Registered
The subaru of many acronyms
1,919 Posts
yeah a 235 will be a bit of a stretch on a 9in rim, and i believe you will need spacer, the 9in 25 offset should bring the rim 1in out in each direction from stock. soo it will be closer to the strut by 1in and closer/outside of the fender by 1in.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah a 235 will be a bit of a stretch on a 9in rim, and i believe you will need spacer, the 9in 25 offset should bring the rim 1in out in each direction from stock. soo it will be closer to the strut by 1in and closer/outside of the fender by 1in.
Closer as in touching? Would the 1 inch closer to the strut cause it to actually interfere with the strut?

Alright so what I'm getting is that I need a 255 tire? 255/40/17?

Also, what should I do for a spacer? Lots of options out there, any particular spacers I should get?

And should I roll fenders, or wait to see when I mount the wheels on the car?

Thanks so much.

·
Registered
98RS (Unicorn), 05 GSXR 1000
733 Posts
Coilovers would fix any rubbing issues. A guy on the local club had a bugeye just got rid of his xxr 17x8.25 because of excessive rubbing on the struts...

You may want:

1. Spacers
2. Coils
3. Another wheel selection

245/255 would be a minimum

·
Registered
The subaru of many acronyms
1,919 Posts
your best bet is going to be just putting them on your car then looking to see what does and doesnt fit, most likely your going to need a spacer and then the wheel will probably be too far outside the fender for rolling.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts