Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, It looks like we will be having some front and rear adjustable strut mounts for the GC8 sometime soon ie. a couple of months, and of course the fronts will fit Legacies and GDA Imprezas. The fronts will be both camber and castor adjustable and they will be slide adjustable unlike the MRT mounts which are a big spherical bearing in between two plates. The MRTs have lots of adjustment, but cannot be fine tuned on track day, unless of course you have an alignment machine with you. I don't have a price yet, but I am guessing that ballpark will be in the $180 to $200 per pair.

This is not a classified, I am just wanting to keep folks updated.

I am going to talk to a machinist sometime this week about solid front and rear endlinks as well, with the fronts being adjustable tension. I will hopefully have some news soon on those as well.

·
Registered
2001 STM Sedan
455 Posts
sounds good...especially for anyone who wants to run oh say an ohlins adjustable suspension w/ remoter resiviors...hehe!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Kent, is it possible to make adjustable top mounts without using metal-on-metal spherical bearings? I know there would be a compromise in location, but I'm not willing to put up with the tick-tick-tick on my street car.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, I don't know what pleiades is hmmming about, those look just like the MRT mounts that he has in his car. They are starting to bulge at the top, the bolts are to short to accomodate a strut tower bar, and they have no markings to show how much camber or castor you have dialed in. They are great if you want to set an amount for each and leave them. However if you want to have a daily setting, and then crank in your camber and back on up on your castor for a race you can't do that very easily with these.

·
Registered
27 Posts
if you want to have a daily setting, and then crank in your camber and back on up on your castor for a race
Actually that's exactly what I want to do. I only brought these up because they have nice quiet polyurethane instead of noisy spherical bearings.

The problems you mentioned would certainly make these not suitable.

So, any other poly or hard rubber adjustable top mounts?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts