Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2000 2.5Rs Charcoal Grey
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm looking for some new pedals. My clutch pedal has no more rubber on it. I found other post on this but from 2004.

Now what I'm looking for is this.

1: Reasonable price
2: Not too flashy, just decent good looking
3: Not slippery because I'm in Canada and we have snow in the winter :naughty:
4: Something that might help with the heel and toe technique

Thanks for your help ;)

·
Registered
2002 2.5RS BRP
2,393 Posts
go find a set of used WRX pedals on ebay. They're cheap and very good pedals that don't slip when wet and look great.

Found you a set

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
I just bid on them :lol: I bought a WRX pedal set already, but they were fake eBay crap. I was under the impression they were the real deal, but I was wrong, and now I'm stuck with some crap that doesn't fit and fell apart.

·
Registered
2000 2.5Rs Charcoal Grey
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I was thinking of that but just the shipping will probably kill me. I was wondering should I take a fulle pedal set like this on just pedal cover.

·
Vrooom?
98 Subaru 2.5RS Brilliant Red
903 Posts
just the covers will fit on the RS. The pedal assembly does not bolt up

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
I'm just buying it for the covers... and if I win I'll probably just tell him just to keep the pedal set and ship the covers. Swampy, you'll have to fight me for em :p

·
Registered
2000 2.5Rs Charcoal Grey
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm just buying it for the covers... and if I win I'll probably just tell him just to keep the pedal set and ship the covers. Swampy, you'll have to fight me for em :p

lol well I'm a really nice guy so I guess that you can have them :cool: I will find an other set :)

·
Registered
01 STM RS EJ257, 6MT, Brembos
2,033 Posts
The gas pedal is not a cover like the brake/clutch. It is held on with a pin that is a real bear to remove. I found that the gas pedal assembly (including the metal arm) bolts up to the Impreza just fine, then just slip the clutch and brake pedal covers on and you are good to go. I've been running a WRX accelerator arm for over a year now to many autoX's and local club events, there is nothing wrong with doing it that way.

·
Registered
2000 2.5Rs Charcoal Grey
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
But how do you get your pedal to be a little bit higher to help with heel and toe ?

·
Registered
1999 Rally Bluuuuuu
1,361 Posts
Find someone that is parting out a WRX on nazziock and get the pedal covers from them. I did it before and it was pretty cheap

·
Registered
01 STM RS EJ257, 6MT, Brembos
2,033 Posts
Find someone that is parting out a WRX on nazziock and get the pedal covers from them. I did it before and it was pretty cheap
^^^ Thats how I got mine. I think I paid $20 bucks or so for mine from a wrecked car.

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS
385 Posts
But how do you get your pedal to be a little bit higher to help with heel and toe ?
There's an sti set that has a heel-toe extension but they're kind of flashy and much more expensive. Someone on nasioc is selling them used for 100 though. I'd just stick with the wrx pedals. The way our pedals are distanced from each other it's really easy to heel-toe anyway.

·
Registered
2000 2.5Rs Charcoal Grey
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There's an sti set that has a heel-toe extension but they're kind of flashy and much more expensive. Someone on nasioc is selling them used for 100 though. I'd just stick with the wrx pedals. The way our pedals are distanced from each other it's really easy to heel-toe anyway.
You think there to close or too far apart? For some reason I feel like if the gas pedal would be a little higher it might be easier or if the break would not catch as fast.

·
Banned
'04 RS PBP w/ Black Tarmacs
1,805 Posts
You think there to close or too far apart? For some reason I feel like if the gas pedal would be a little higher it might be easier or if the break would not catch as fast.
I think there the right distance apart for my wide feet. Setting the gas pedal higher could be a catch 22 though. What you said is true, but it also means while on the brake you'd have to roll farther to the left with your right foot to get over the top of the gas pedal to blip it.

As a sidenote. I found installing the brake and clutch pedals to be stubborn. It's difficult to get the rubber lips over the pedals because the aluminum on the pedal pad makes the pad so stiff. So..... I recommend either heating them with a heatgun or blowdryer..or even setting them in front of a 500W halogen worklight for a bit. I used the last option and it worked great for me. They were hot, but went right on with little fuss. Good Luck!

·
Registered
08 Legacy, 93 L w/ej20g
1,230 Posts
my clutch pedal has also fallen off. should i get a wrx pedal set from subaruwrxparts.com for 50 bucks or should i try to buy a complete pedal assembly? i have heard the gas pedal cover is hard to put on and requires some install, but would the covers from the website be a little different and be easier to install?

http://www.subaruwrxparts.com/products/pedal-set-wrx-manual-transmission-p-638.html

or just get the sti set?
http://www.subaruwrxparts.com/products/pedal-set-sti-manual-transmission-p-636.html

1 - 19 of 19 Posts