Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone been watching new shows while all the main ones are on break?

Traveler
I started watching it over at my friends house. She seems really into it but I'm not sure. They are only three episodes in so I am trying to give them the benefit of the doubt but a lot of it just seems cheesy. It's also a bit of a stretch that this can go on for too long.

The Next Big Thing
Again, started watching it at the girl's house. This isn't a show I would normally consider putting on but some of the people are pretty good. It's basically a celebrity look/act alike contest so I'm not sure where they plan to use their "talents" but it's ok in the down time.

So You Think You Can Dance?
This one I only watch if with my friend. The group parts are always real dumb, and the camera spends more time on the judges than the dancing which is ridiculously stupid but when some of the people have to do stuff alone or maybe with a partner it gets interesting.

On The Lot
I'm also not sure where they are going with this, but I wanted to go to film school my entire life so I find it interesting. She also got me into this one but now I record it every week. For the most part the videos are really entertaining. You don't even have to watch the show since all the shorts can be found on www.thelot.com (I think) but the show gives background and feedback from some fairly legit (besides Carrie Fisher) Hollywood types. They even had Michael Mann on.

Well that's all I can think of for now... anyone else been watching off-season shows?

·
2001 A.W. L
13,249 Posts
I have been watching Traveler, its kept my interest so far.. we will see. I absolutely despise reality TV lol, so it kind of sucks for new shows atm. The 4400 starts again this weekend so that will be nice.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was pleasintly surprised by On The Lot. I thought it would be some lame student films that try to be overly artsy. The ones that come close to that get bashed.

What's 4800? I am unfamiliar with that.

I think I may try to grab up the whole series of the Sopranos when it comes out. One of my, and her, favorite movies is Goodfellas so it's probably something we can pass a lot of time watching.

·
DWAFTW
03 Silver WRX Wagon
10,140 Posts
Wally Kincaid said:
I was pleasintly surprised by On The Lot. I thought it would be some lame student films that try to be overly artsy. The ones that come close to that get bashed.

What's 4800? I am unfamiliar with that.

I think I may try to grab up the whole series of the Sopranos when it comes out. One of my, and her, favorite movies is Goodfellas so it's probably something we can pass a lot of time watching.

Goodfellas is a freaking awesome movie!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha yeah it is!

I actually saw a preview for 4400 yesterday (the female friend came over and put on *cringe* Coyote Ugly last night). Was that the one where people were abducted and when they came back they had special abilities and stuff?

If it is I wanted to get into that one from the beginning but didn't have a DVR in my room yet so missed it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts