Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:sunny:
Hello everyone. My name is Al Gainey and I have just joined this site. Why??? Because the i-club sucks ASS. Hey, can I say "ASS" without being moderated into silence?

Can I say "F U C K"?

How about......."COCK"?

Hey! This is great!!! I'm not being moderated!!!!

I have a 99 Rally Blue RS with an autorotor supercharger and intercooler. Yes, it is fast. No, I have not blown up my engine or tranny. Yes, it is on stock internals.

Oh, by the way, I'm selling my like-new B-Spec copper/ kevlar 6-puck clutch.

If you like your RS to shudder and shake like a dying whore, then the B-Spec clutch is for you!!! I can promise you that the B-Spec clutch will destroy your MAF sensor or your money back!

Yes, the B-Spec clutch will make your mirrors shake everytime you take off from a green light. This on-off clutch works perfectly if you rev the shit out of the engine everytime you take off. It doesn't slip!! I was told that this clutch will hold up to 400 hp and will shudder in every gear no matter how you drive it!

I am asking only $25.00 for this $384.00 clutch. What a deal!! :curse:

Thank you for a nice open forum where one can speak one's mind.....

I live in Chino Hills and criuse up the 71, 60, 91, and 15 freeways a lot. If I see you I WILL wave and beep the horn.

Kind regards, ARG

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Welcome to the board! Watch this: FUCK SHIT ASS! Bad words in all caps, and no moderation! Oh, and you really make that clutch sound great, especially for $25! Don't become a Hyundai salesman, don't want you scaring thier customers off, too! Anyways, what kind of boost are you running on that SC setup, and where did you get it for?

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Glad you like it here, the only real rule is I ask for people to lay off bashing the I-Club and it's members. I don't want to start a war, you know? But other than that, if it's legal, have fun! :D

·
Registered
796 Posts
Welcome ARG,

It is good to see so many of the really oldtime members of the I-club over here. It is also good to see another believer in the supercharged way of thinking.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Welcome Al,

I had a ride in your RS-S not too long after you had it installed. I loved it.
It is a lot more fun here, and the people are nicer too.
I hardly get a reply to a post at the other place.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the welcome folks....

I like belonging to a website that caters to the "old" GC8 coupe body style. I noticed that the i-club pretty much forgot about the old timers once the WRX "4-DOOR" came out. :mad:

I don't know squat about the WRX except that it has 4 DOORS, it's heavy, handles like pig on lard, and it's slow. Well, slow for me :biggest:

I'm sorry but 4 doors just don't turn me on. The only exception would be the new Mazda RX8.

I have done extensive mods to my car, but to look at it you would not know it. Most of my mods are directed towards actual performance, not looks. I know of a LOT of cars that look fast, but are all show and no go.

It's funny; I have been modifying my car for over three years and have yet to get to the bottom of my mod list. The list keeps growing! :D

I bought a low mileage EJ25 short block to build but it is still sitting of the garage floor. In the works is a purpose built 350 horse supercharged package. Since I now know the pros and cons of supercharging, I feel that I can modify the existing "Rimmer" kit to make it more efficient and improve drivability.

Ok guys, later! ARG

·
Registered
142 Posts
damn the old guard appearing and not the ASS ones like Rsquire and other little bitches ...So arg still selling S/C that you personally redone?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ya gotta love this place:biggest: Hey ARG,,,tell us how ya really feel about that clutch lol.
Rudy<< semi old guard

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
ARG! Nice to see you here, I'm enjoying your old Hella 500s! They're even better with Yellow stars in 'em. How are the KCs treating you?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imprezadan? Your're alive?

I can't believe it! Imprezadan is still alive! I heard that you went postal after being moderated and flamed on the i-board. You took your RS to a Honduh swap meet and drove into a large group of Honduh owners at a 110 MPH, all the while screaming at the top of your lungs " All wheel drive is great! Can you feel it? Can you feel it? Ha ha ha ha!!" :D

I'm glad that the Hella's worked out for you. I bought a set of paint melting KC Titanium pencil beams. When I turn them on at night, I can see Kansas.

Good to hear from you again....

ARG

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
When I turn them on at night, I can see Kansas.
I was wonding what that was, knock that crap out. We're trying to sleep, it's later here than there...:curse:

:D

Peaty

·
Registered
3 Posts
Another old owner

Hey Al, how is your experiment going with the ATF in your manual tranny?

I am an old member if I-club too (member #323), and I've noticed how it has become really impersonal and commercialized the last year. With the introduction of the WRX every Tom Dick and Harry is suddenly a "Scooby Expert". I miss the old days when the I-club was about a few people helping each other out, not about who is posting in the wrong forum, and "Do a search" wasn't the standard reply to a new poster.

I've had a few really good laughs already just skimming thru some of the general posts. Keep having fun!! Don't take life (and internet clubs) too seriously!!

Rickd

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow! Where have you been?

Yeah, the synthetic ATF in the tranny was an excellent idea except that I got this loud high-pitch whine between 85-95 mph. So I either had to drive 80 mph, or 100 mph. :happynow:

So what I did was to split it 50/50. I have 50% synthetic ATF and 50% Lucas oil treatment. The tranny is perfect now.

I agree, the i-club became the WRX-club. Here I am, a member since dirt was invented, and I have some member #21,904 tell me that I'm full of shit. I joined the i-club when the only RS's around were 98's. I bought my 99 RS about a month after I joined. Hell, at 41, I'm also older than most i-club members. And before I joined the i-club, I was a member of Simon's site. I still get the digest from him.

I really like my RS....a lot. (although the new Nissan 350Z makes me drool)

Glad you have found "the ultimate RS site"

ARG

·
Registered
Silver '99 Impreza 2.5 RS
118 Posts
Hi Al. I'm another old-schooler that went from Simon's Checkpoint SS2 -> i-club -> here.

Bought my '99 in October of '98. Nice to be around similar folks.

Sean
www.subrew.com

1 - 20 of 21 Posts