Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post to rs25.

Recently picked up a blue ridge pearl 2000 manual coupe. I'm excited to have a community and resources to explore!

This was someone else's abused and unfinished project. I'm hoping to restore it close to stock, with potential for a 205 or 25 hybrid swap in the future. I plan to do some major rust repair and a refresh on the paint.

I'm sure have many questions as many plugs and brackets are not in their homes. I've made a lot of head way so far. It is running and made it 180 miles home on purchuse.

Also own a miata with built engine and gt2860r and I think the rs and miata are going to make the perfect combo.

This has been my dream car/project for a long time and I plan to resto mod and daily it. Seems this car did not receive any love or attention and I plan to change that.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza RS
230 Posts
Welcome! First off (joke), pictures or it didn't happen. Second, glad that you are fixing it up. I don't have a ton of experience with different cars (Neon, Fiesta, 11 Impreza OBS, Edge, B4000, 00 Forester, MK4 Jetta, 06 Impreza), but the RS is by far the best car I have owned/driven, so it will be well-worth the time and energy. Finally, you'll find a few fairly active members on here who are actual encyclopedias on these cars (I'm not one of them). Be sure to search first (the table of contents sticky is a great resource), but if you have any questions, I'm sure you'll find your answer.

Welcome, again. Nothing better than seeing an old RS saved.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For sure on the photos! I've been trying to catch up on small fixes and will be starting body work soon! Also plan to respray whole thing. I'm pretty stoked I've only drove a gm/gc twice, once on the test drive and then on the way home. I'm just simple so excited to own one though. I've been making steady progress returning some things to stock/oem or "oem+" as I'll call it.

Thanks for the welcome!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts