Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 FXT Sport
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weird. I just installed my new MAF today, disconnected battery while I started cleaning my garage for probably about ten minutes and then let it idle for about 10 more.

I've noticed since my MAF went bad my Vacuum gauge went from 55 to 45-50 and hasn't gone back up to were it used to sit. I went to drive my car around (cause it's been on limp mode for about a week and I missed it) and I instantly was like WTF it when I WOT at low RPMs it feels like a cow is sitting on my hood! I also changed the spark plugs about 2 weeks ago and it ran great until the MAF went.

I did the ECU reset, I've done it before so I know how to do it right... guess I'll try that again since it's free.

I checked all the vacuum lines, couldn't find any that were loose or not connected.

:curse: While I was looking I squeezed a fuel line and it's pissed out fuel. Now I also have a really bad/broken fuel line and can't go to the auto store.

I did a search and I'm thinking if the ECU doesn't work, could it be a front O2 sensor?

~Chris

·
Registered
RIP 2000 2.5RS, 1999 RS
519 Posts
If yo go WOT do you sometimes get a loud backfire? I remember when one of my O2 sensors was bad it would suck until a certain rpm and from time to time it would backfire with the stock exhaust.

·
Premium Member
2007 FXT Sport
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never heard a backfire from my car.

·
Registered
RIP 2000 2.5RS, 1999 RS
519 Posts
My guess is that it is the O2 sensor, my car kinda bogged and such when then sensor was bad until A certain RPM

·
Premium Member
2007 FXT Sport
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Odd that they both went out so soon.

Do you think that running without a MAF or on limp mode caused the O2 sensor to go bad?

·
Registered
RIP 2000 2.5RS, 1999 RS
519 Posts
Possibly running without the MAF might have caused them to go bad, maybe it caused them to run rich which burned up the o2 sensor? also limp mode shouldn't foul up the o2 sensor.

·
Premium Member
2007 FXT Sport
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I could definitely smell the difference while I was sitting at stop signs/lights.

·
Premium Member
2007 FXT Sport
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, do you have a CEL?
I did before the MAF, was IAC something... took it to a buddy at Subaru said it was the MAF. Ran it on limp and got MAF CEL. Now I get no CEL but runs like poo.

Yea... not the MAF itself, but what it connects to. The cable from the wiring harness. Is there anything in there? Some nasty junk or anything?
I took it apart and blew it out but looks fine to me.

·
Premium Member
2007 FXT Sport
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So it's seems like it's "hunting" for an idle, bouncing between 700-800 RPM (at least that's what the scan gauge is saying. I just fixed the fuel leak (I hope so) with some hoses and clamps from Discount. I'm gonna let it sit for another 10 minutes then go drive it around and see if it still feels odd.

I wonder if the IAC could be going bad, but how could that affect the loss of power under 4k?

·
Premium Member
2007 FXT Sport
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Can't seem to get the front O2 out without a lot of pressure... after about 1/2 turn I decided to soak it in PB blaster. We'll see if that works.

·
Premium Member
2007 FXT Sport
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
New from Subaru.

Just changed the front O2, my mom's bf schooled me majorly. Instead of just trying to torque it out he rocked it back and forth with the wrench and it was so easy lol.

Going for the test run when my cousin finishes washing her car.!

·
Premium Member
2007 FXT Sport
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nope, not that either.!!!

My mom's bf thinks it that the right side of the coil pack isn't firing properly. I'm not getting any CEL's but when I took off the wires one was corroded bad and filled with that orange dust. I cleaned it out the best I could and the tip of the cyl. 3 + 4.

Any ideas? I swear it feels like a vac leak but I can't find one.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts