Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
the hard way
1972 240Z
10,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm tryin to get my dad an adapter for his ipod for father's day. couple of problems though..

a) i live in a different state so cant make one manually myself
b) he drives a 2001 porsche boxster (the factory one that uses the cd changer jack + installation is $500)
c) FM transmitters suck

but a friend of mine was telling me about one her friend has that works well, wirelessly (she thinks - shes not the sharpest knife in the droor) but isnt an FM transmitter. im guessing its bluetooth maybe? its getting to time to order and now i think im about to have to start looking at other options but he really needs this one so if anyone can possibly help me out that would be great!

thanks in advance, cheers

·
Registered
517 Posts
never heard of a bluetooth adaptor. ive used itrip, and some shitty ass thing i got off ebay that charges it and sends out a signal. they both kinda really suck.

id just hook up up via headphone/rca cable to my deck and run it aux. less headaches that way.

·
Registered
'99 impreza 2.5RS
235 Posts
rpqx9 said:
id just hook up up via headphone/rca cable to my deck and run it aux. less headaches that way.
+1 for rca cable---cheap and perfect sound quality. You can custom make something to mount the ipod or run the cable to the glovebox and keep the ipod there, clean and outta sight.

the FM trans. are nice for long trips when they charge your ipod but the sound quality usually blows.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts