Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
JDM MY94 impreza WRX (4EAT)
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
New member and first time owner of a Subaru. Received the car 2 weeks ago from Japan with a bit less then 45000kms on it. Very happy with it. Car is almost stock. Only performance mod it has is a Fujitsubo exhaust line and it sounds great. That rumble... music to my ears.
Car Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Land vehicle

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome!

What are the plans for this sweet gem?
I'm a big fan of keeping cars original so will be aiming towards that goal. There are some things that I will need to address over time such as the car having mediocre paint (paint flaking) and the rear right side quarter is showing a little rust and other various minor cosmetic stuff (like sun dried wind deflectors and broken handle bezel, very minor stuff). It was badly resprayed in Japan but I'm not worried about it as it was mentioned on the auction sheet. Even if it's not a very good paint job I'll try to make it last as long as possible. Maybe add clearcoat on the peeling parts🤷‍♀️ and get the minor quarter rust sorted out by a reputable shop.

Mechanically it is very sound. All the bushings are like new. Impressive considering it came out the factory in September '93. Transmission shifts like butter.
From what I've read, stock gc8 WRX are quite reliable. I had nightmarish experiences with my last jdm car so I'm VERY pleased with this Subaru.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great old gem Rex mate. Don’t let it go!! Gotta lv how Subaru made (the at the time and still now I think great looking thing) a almost experimental unit that worked performance wise so well and is now legendary!Looks exactly the same as my 96. Same colour, same original wheels ect! I stroked mine to 2.2ltre. 20 years ago! Built it myself after Many$$$ and rebuild engineering issues(to much to mention unless yr interested) huge power increase.. with many mod’s to come (again to much to mention) upwards of 500 horses! Can be made to be much more- but of course then you sacrifice reliably/longevity ect. mines on ice for now.. thinking of bringing it back to life soon. What’s your plans with the brutal beauty?? I’ve worked in Australian rally motorsports for over 20 years maybe I can help if needed. Cheers Johnny
2.2L stroker and 500hp. That sounds crazy fast considering they aren't super heavy cars. As for me I'm more of cruising type of driver. I do like the acceleration and turbo noises but I especially like to just vibe and cruise around and make peoples day considering how rare RHD vehicles are where I live.

Nice meeting you Johnny m. Damn, 20 years in rally motorsports. You must have some great stories! And I'm always interested in other peoples builds and problems doing such builds. I'm not a speed-demon myself but I do enjoy some good builds. Cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts