Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 obs that I'm considering making complete off road capable. I know there is a lot of yelling at ppl modding to put roof racks on subarus less they are rallying them and took out the ac. But I have come up with an idea I haven't seen before on forums that I wanted to get some feedback on before I attempt it. I want to run a snorkel from the engine through my cab passenger side on the floor up beside the seat to a roof scoop? Just an idea for now if anyone has done it already please let me know how it went and how you actually did it.
Thanks

·
Registered
2000 Impreza (Awaiting Swap)
764 Posts
What would be the point? It would be easier/ cheaper to run it through the fender, up along the A-Pillar....

·
Registered
The subaru of many acronyms
1,919 Posts
Would most likley be an eye sore as well/reduce visbility. Your probably better off just finding a snorkel of a similiar sizd car/truck and make it fit.

just a question but how deep of water do you plan on running through in a 3 year old car that it requires a snorkel?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The car is already off of warranty due to buying it in NYC and me be from pa and I'm planning on this to be long build maybe 10 year wanna make it one if a kind ready for anything Mother Nature could throw at me
I was thinking bout running the tubing not over the front windahield but beside the passenger seat possibly in line with a roll cage

·
Registered
2001 Coupe
1,261 Posts
Could be cool in theory. Maybe even ovaled thin wall aluminum to sit flat against the interior.

In practice though it would be a lot of work to get it right. That's a big hole somewhere in the firewall, a lot of complex bends to keep it out of the passengers way and a lot of potential restriction for you engine to suck air that far.

Make a solid plan and go for it. Could be really cool.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts