Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
wrb blobeye wrx wagon
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new here just got my second subie and thought I would join the forum. Right now I have an almost all stock 99 subaru impreza L 2.2 l. The only mod I have so far is a cat back exhaust. I hope to do alot to this car and any suggestions as to where to buy from and what to get would be great.

·
Registered
1997 Subaru Impreza L
105 Posts
hey there :) I am sure that lots of people will have lots of suggestions, but i will offer this...suspension, suspension, suspension!!! Get a good set of struts and springs and definitely upgrade the stock L sway bars. You don't have to go crazy, but it will make a big difference in the way you car handles. I have a mostly stock 97 Impreza L and have basically been installing RS suspension and brake parts...inexpensive way to add a little performance.

·
Registered
2000 rs Stm
79 Posts
Welcome you'll learn to really love this site tons of great info and a lot of great guys with piles of information that'll help you a lot with modding or just your basic questions. As for a good place to get stuff that would be my for sale ad lol Just kidding.
Welcome to the site man. Need anything just ask.

Robbie

·
Registered
2001 2.5RS SRP Coupe
253 Posts
ditto for sway bars and suspension bits. i've done my sways and am getting ready for struts/springs. i also recommend getting some fender braces (also called cowl stays). also, the search bar can be tricky at times, but take a look and you'll find good info. the more info you have when you ask a question, the better off you will be (mostly because this can help us give you better feedback, but also because some people like to rib noobs.)

·
RUSSIAN FOR HIRE
2000 Impreza RST
2,425 Posts
hey welcome to the site. diggin the black L wagon. easiest way to find out what you really want is to go through member journals. thats where you can find how parts look on your car so your not taking shots in the dark.
im pretty new myself but i know their are a few members journals that i look at often for inspiration haha.

good luck man have fun building!

·
Registered
1998 2.5 RS, Brilliant Red
1,357 Posts
thanks man i appreciate any and all support i get here since most of the users are plain trolls. i have an update also. scored a set of no name rims in a trade for my steelies
way to start making friends, man !
trLOLl.....
seriously tho', i'm always glad to help whenever i can, & i don't think i'm alone.
on the 'net, it does help to have thick skin and a sense of humor...
looking forward to more updates !

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.