Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys im new here i am a member of nasioc and i sold my sti and purchased a 2.5..! i actually love this car and it is very fun but i do miss the 05..! but any ways i am gettin started on modding the car but first i am in need of rotors and pads pretty bad..! any suggestion on rotors not doin autox but wont strong good rotors..! and i am lookin to lower the car on some springs but im a low person so witch springs to the best of your knowledge would lower it the most..! and agx or kyb seem to be the shock of choice on here so help me out guys thanks

> 99 2.5rs

05 sti steering wheel
sti trunk emblem and grill 05 year
alpine headunit
04 wrx floormats

all the money i've put into it so far owned it for all of 2 weeks..!

·
Registered
02' PSM WRX
1,535 Posts
get front caliper brackets off a wrx, front rotors off wrx. they are larger dimeter. also get rear caliper brackets off a legacy outback and rear rotors off a legacy outback. also larger diameter.

and welcome to RS club!

·
Registered
1999 RS RBP Coupe
399 Posts
Welcome!

I think a lot of people will tell you that P1's are the best spring, but they won't lower the car a ridiculous amount.

·
Registered
02' PSM WRX
1,535 Posts
o and kyb and agx is not 2 different things they are actually the same. KYB AGX is a brand and model of a very nice adjustable strut for the money. and i would recommend some eibach springs if you wanna go low...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
get front caliper brackets off a wrx, front rotors off wrx. they are larger dimeter. also get rear caliper brackets off a legacy outback and rear rotors off a legacy outback. also larger diameter.

and welcome to RS club!

i would love to do that but im sure that cost alot more gettin brakes are the stock brakes that bad to where is i got new pads n rotors i mean im sure it would help alot but for now iduno is it really that that much better because i was goin to get stock sti bembos..!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
h&r will lower it more then eibachs. my eibachs did hardly anything.
and thanks i was lookin and it didnt seem like the eibachs lowered it so much but the h&r's seemd pretty good and also the hks looked ok but i found a uk site that sells tein s-techs for like $324.00 so ye

·
Registered
stm99,flatblack99,07sti,blk98
566 Posts
all great cheap upgrades....or do what im doing 05wrx drivetrain swap bc coilovers,4/2pot upgrade.dba 5000front dba 4000 rear hawks and ss lines. :)(spend money)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i cant see the pic if there is but by the sound of it it aint good..lol that sucks but what do you think will lower it a good amount on my 05 sti i had cobb and i loved them had an awsome ride no bounce huged turns and the whole 9 i want a similar set of springs but a good drop to ...! ? thanks i also juss get the megan coilovers not sure yet
> rotors/pads
>wheels balanced
>oil change/diff change/raidiator flush
all comes first before i get the springs..!

·
Premium Member
12,694 Posts
Before you buy an type of suspension, you have to ask yourself "What are my plans for this car?". Once you figure that out and the budget you are willing to spend on a complete suspension (meaning everything besides struts/springs or coilovers), then it would be easier to help you.

As for brakes, check the sticky at the top of this section by me. IF you have any questions about it, feel free to PM me and I will respond once I have a minute.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Before you buy an type of suspension, you have to ask yourself "What are my plans for this car?". Once you figure that out and the budget you are willing to spend on a complete suspension (meaning everything besides struts/springs or coilovers), then it would be easier to help you.

As for brakes, check the sticky at the top of this section by me. IF you have any questions about it, feel free to PM me and I will respond once I have a minute.
well for the most part it'll be a street machince no real autox or anything like that i mean maybe on occasion but i dont think at this point i will but i c ould change my mind so i may juss wait and get coils......but thanks it makes since ill check it out def..

·
Premium Member
12,694 Posts
well for the most part it'll be a street machince no real autox or anything like that i mean maybe on occasion but i dont think at this point i will but i c ould change my mind so i may juss wait and get coils......but thanks it makes since ill check it out def..
I just trying to save you money in the long run, that's all. Not everyone is okay with coilovers for a street machine so you might just want to look into struts/springs.

My recommendation depending on your budget would be Koni Inserts and Tarmac springs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
does the tarmac springs give it a good drop..! or stiffin it up with little to no drop..! i honestly would like a spring with a good drop..! like i was sayin similar to the cobb

·
Premium Member
12,694 Posts
does the tarmac springs give it a good drop..! or stiffin it up with little to no drop..! i honestly would like a spring with a good drop..! like i was sayin similar to the cobb
Describe a "good" drop.

The Tarmac springs lower your car to around (F/R: 14.375"/13.370", measured from hub center to fender). The Koni and Tarmac setup rides extremely nice for a daily driver/spirited driving type setup...when it is pushed, it responses very well.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts