Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2001 2.5Rs STM
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys? I'm somewhat new to this forum and not at the same time; I use to stop in to look for an 2.5Rs throughout the years but never really found anything or made a move, until my Ek9 Honda Civic blew it's 2nd rod bearing after 3 swaps.

Just this past December, I finally got a 2001 STM (automatic :( ) with only
63k miles on it, for $4,700. Yet after 2 weeks into the new winter session in college, my orange bumper vents get stolen.

Well, I got some questions for you elites:

1)
If I wanted to do an auto to manual trans conversion or even a ej20 swap, where/ who should I be talking to in the Bay Area?

2)
I did notice in the meets thread, that it looks a little dead. Do you guys still have meets over in San Bruno/ 24hr Santa Clara Starbucks?

3)
My gc8 did come with some minor dents/ dings & etc, so I plan on having some autobody work done. All my cars have been black and I kinda like having some parts contrast the color of the car, but I'm not feeling the STM color. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2001 BRP RS Coupe
705 Posts
Welcome to the site! Sux about the vents man. As far as color goes just look at some members rides and go from there.

BTW..Your title sounds way too much like New Kid on the Block. Ha!

·
Registered
2001 2.5Rs STM
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the site! Sux about the vents man. As far as color goes just look at some members rides and go from there.

BTW..Your title sounds way too much like New Kid on the Block. Ha!
Lol well I was born in the early 80's, but hated New Kids. Thanks for the welcome and advice. I've been looking at gc8 all day and I've been debating over a repaint of the STM color (just because I like the contrast of exterior parts, CF hood, black spats and etc) or going back to black, gunmetal or a royal blue color.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts