Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1994 L Wagon Grey
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you guys slam me some information about that car. weight, HP @ RPM and 0-60, quarter and 0-100-0 information.

A friend of mine has a GTI VR6 with an aftermarket turbo and proclams that off boost (non turbo) he could murder me when I was turbo (My goal is 14flat on an auto rs-t) on the track.

Also there is an Acura RSX-S who is getting a n2o shot in his car...well the problem is he won't tell me the size and he claims he could kill me also on the track.

Well I want to prove them wrong :D
We have a 15 turn track with a half mile strait away. It is an abandom race track that we sneak onto....so this will the prooving grounds!

-Neal

·
Registered
599 Posts
Watch out for the VR6's. A slightly built VR6 will kill a WRX, let alone one with a turbo set up in it....
The RSX with giggle gas will waste you on the top end....
But if your on a road style track, it will come down to suspension settings and driver, you will have better grip and corner exit accleration, they will have top end straight away speed. By my TC kit, a suspension, tires and you'll have a great race!

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
2.8 VR6 stock=172 hp in a fairly light car. The new ones will have 200hp stock to compete with the 1.8t, but a 2.8 turbo will most likely destroy you once he has traction(you'll beat him off the line).

The RSX stock would lose due to poor traction and the fact that the v-tech only kicks in in higher revs. I think a simple 50 shot would probably pull on a stock WRX though.

H

·
0 Posts
New VR6 is 174hp in a 3010+ pound car. They're better for freeway cruising in stock trim.

Speaking of VW, didn't they used to have a 10/100 powertrain warranty? The GTI is only 60/60 now. hm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts