Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that might care about this, we just got our first shippment of the 2003 Foresters in. If any of you guys are bored come by and take a look.

You guys can now take over my thread, I know you will anyway.:eek:

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They weren't going to bring one until we said we were, then they woke up and realized that they should. I wanted to put some wheels on it and maybe raise it or lower it.

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
And where the fuck were you at? Saturday????? Afraid you were going to get your ass beat????HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEEHEHEHEHEEH!!!!!!!!:biggest:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Hey sean. Something's wrong with my car!! I can't get it into 1st gear when going more than 20mph!!! What's wrong?!?!?!?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Well... it's true! ;)

Sorry... reading too many i-club posts :)

Oh YEAH! I can't get it into reverse when I'm moving forward, either!!!!

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did it just start doing that??

some of the subaru tranys are known for grinding into 1st gear and they all don't want to go in to reverse.

Tell me what it is doing and i will talk to my tech and see what he says.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Nono! Sorry... was just being silly. There are threads over on iclub devoted to "i can't shift into first when going above 10mph" ... WELL NO DUH! ... unless you rev match.

The Suby tranny does seem a little less forgiving than other manuals I've owned (especially with reverse) but definately no problems, just .. personality :)

Those iclub first gear discussions are just like the decel noise ones... "I took my car into a shop to get them to tell me what was wrong with it and they said that it's normal for the car not to shift into first when going 20mph! WHAT BS! I'm taking it to a REAL shop since these people know nothing!"

:D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, we actually have a car in the back that is compaining about that. His trany is all torn apart sitting on the table in peices. There is no way I would let someone do that over such a small problem.

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
Well sometimes when I shift into Reverse from a dead stop (with clutch all the way in too) I grind my gears just in reverse specially when the car is cold(well not cold I warm up my car before driving it a habit I pick-up from my carburator days I would the reason why is because my transmission is cold too)does it sound about right? anyway another thing My clutch when I engage it I hear it squeek like it needs Lubrication (that's what she said....:biggest: beat you to it) anyway input?????
Frank

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
O.K. Frakk............again we hope you are joking and are not really that slow. The "i can't get my car to go into reverse" deal is old news ALL subarus do that. But you can Click here and this will give you instructions on what you can do about it.

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
[email protected] SUBARU said:
O.K. Frakk............again we hope you are joking and are not really that slow. The "i can't get my car to go into reverse" deal is old news ALL subarus do that. But you can Click here and this will give you instructions on what you can do about it.
I know about the Subaru tranny gremlins and reverse bugs I can live with that...but still that doesn't explain about my clutch squeaking and me grinding the gears, now does it!!!!Schmuck boy!!!!
Frakk:p
Funny Link:biglaugh:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts