Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Flatout T1

Maybe you've heard, but Flatout has just released a New suspension akin to the 5700, but on steroids.

Here's what's new in the T1 (most notably):

• Penske piston (dual digressive on the street and Rx versions)
  • Ohlins valving (shims)
  • Nickel plated threaded casings (no more seized rings)
  • Penske stainless schrader valve (some models)
  • Amsoil shock oil (synthetic)
  • Torrington bearings
The nickel plating is a huge one. My own car, I've had my suspension on for almost a year, I have to fight to adjust the collars. Mind you, I don't go around adjusting every weekend, but I grew tired of scraping my CF lip and I wanted a 1/4" of clearance. I took a nickel casing, threw some rings on it and let the elements do their dirty work. I went out, and the rings turned with ease. Furthermore, they just look stunning. Pictures do them no justice.

Another thing that was done was adding Torrington bearings. It's a three price ring set with roller bearings on the center ring. If you've ever tried to preload a spring, you have to fight the force of the ring on the spring. Not an easy task. The bearing makes this easy. Easy enough you can actually do it by hand!

Lastly, the shock is filled with Amsoil shock oil. It's synthetic and lasts for a long time versus the conventional oil found in most shocks.

The price went up, but as you can see above; for good reason. These are very expensive to build. No kidding, you can buy the Flatout 5000, or just the pistons and shims found in the T1.

www.flatoutsuspension.com/products/t1gc

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,773 Posts
I'd love to test out the nickel plating around these parts. Seems like nothing can withstand the abuse of an Upper Peninsula winter.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd love to test out the nickel plating around these parts. Seems like nothing can withstand the abuse of an Upper Peninsula winter.
I was originally going to coat them in zinc, but when I learned Nickel would last twice as long it was a no-brainer. I am certain these will take on any condition.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts