Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

New family member (56k beware)

953 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  curtis 
#1 · (Edited)
So I moved from the US to Sweden back in March, leaving my 02 and 03 wrx's to be sold by my family. Been itching for a car ever since and today I picked up a 2000 Impreza GT. If you don't know the "GT" model was basically the wrx model, smaller intercooler than an 02 but just about the same hp, something like 218hp.

It's very strange seeing features in a GC8 that weren't available from the factory in a US car until several years later, momo wheel, nicer seats...I mean I knew they existed but having spent so much time seeing people trying to find these parts to install in their US cars, it's strange to finally see one where those parts came with the car.

The car is totally stock other than the wheels and Pioneer head unit so it's hard to wrap my brain around the fact that someone hasn't done a bunch of mods to make it this nice. :D

A couple small things I noticed...it's been a little while since I drove my wrx's but this car seems faster than a stock 02/03 wrx. It's much more brutal in acceleration and the suspension is way stiffer, not to mention lower. I'm going to have to do some digging around but I'm thinking the gear ratios are different as well. It was raining today so the lighting wasn't that great but I think it also has one of the more "rare" grey center console pieces rather than the solid black, correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not crazy about the wheels but they are 17" with Dunlop SP 9000's on them and it also came with the factory 6 spoke 16" wheels with Nokian winter tires so I can't complain too much.

The center dash pocket lid hinges aren't working quite right, does anyone have any pics of what that area looks like so I can see it before I go tearing into it to fix them?

I'm going to get something new for summer wheels but I don't know what yet, I've done some searching for other BRP's but haven't found anything that I really like yet, suggestions are welcome. ;)

Also, I'm looking for 2 of the "STi Rabbit Sticker/Badges" if anyone knows where to find them other than ebay.

Oh, if you're in Sweden lemme know. I've seen a few other GC8's and a couple bug eyes around but haven't had a chance to go searching for the local crew. I'm in the Göteborg area.

Thanks,
Jay

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Sorry no more pics yet...probably tomorrow it was raining like mad today. The switches are:
(in order from left to right)
1. Headlight height adjuster...it's a common euro thing, if you're towing a trailer then you can adjust the headlights to compensate for the load so that you're lights aren't pointing to the heavens :)

2. Bright switch...really stupid...all it does is change the clock background from black to green...apparently it was dropped in 2001.

3. Headlight washers :D

Hopefully I'll get more pics tomorrow, assuming it isn't raining.

Oh, and it's also got the Subaru front 4 pot calipers. :D Just need some better pads than these stock ones. I think I'll order up a set of Axxis metal masters. I had them on my wrx with stoptech stock replacement rotors and it was like dropping an anchor out the window. :D

#9 ·
No, but hopefully tomorrow. It's been raining all day which made for a great test drive but lousy for photos.

I hate you. j/k
Everything we pay big money to make our cars JDM you pretty much have stock.
Car looks great. If and when you come back, you have to try to bring that car back with you.
I know...that's exactly what keeps my brain going round in circles. I keep thinking that the car must be modded in some way cause it has those parts but it's all stock. :D

As far as going back to the states...never gonna happen. Did I mention that the lowest octane gas I can buy here is 95? :clap: I can't wait to get into doing some engine management tuning. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.