Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok here it is.....i jus got pics tonight......

i really like the rear and front bumper ...side skirts are the same as before....i m gettin more info on the fenders(from the pic it looks different, vented)

i really DO NOT like the rear wing.....the hood i kinda like? reminds me of evo but it seems a bit too much....but i like how its all reversed....

here it is

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

http://www.accuritperformance.com/images/ExtGC8 Kit front 2.jpg

http://www.accuritperformance.com/images/ExtGC8 Kit side view.jpg

http://www.accuritperformance.com/images/ExtGC8 Kitrear.jpg

please tell me your honest opinion.....i will post prices later in the classifieds...

i jus want some honest feedback....

Acc

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
My opinion:

1. The wing is a no-go
2. The hole in the front fender is a no-go
3. There's a few too many scoops on the hood. Ditch the factory one and maybe the side ones and it would look better.

IMO.

But I am a "subtle is better" kind of guy, so my opinion is not worth much! :D

·
Registered
01 BRP RS
131 Posts
hood seems to be too busy, too much going on. side skirts kick ass. wing could pick up signals from space. and lower rear end is OK.

·
Registered
01 BRP RS
131 Posts
hood seems to be too busy, can you say evo 6? too much going on. side skirts kick ass. wing could pick up signals from space. and lower rear end is OK.

·
The first ex-ex-moderator!
00 RS & GSX-R 750
1,446 Posts
It's comes across as a Subaru trying to look like an Evo III. The front bumper is clean, but I wouldn't want to lose the stock fog lights. If you could fit the OE round lights in those square spots it would be perfect. The side skirts are nice. They flow with the front and rear. The fenders are too much though. From the back the fenders look like fender flares that are peeling off. Maybe if you trim the holes down to something subtle. Cut a 22B hood vent down and use it instead? The rear bumper is nice to, but I would throw a carbon or black diffuser in the middle of it. The wing is way to wide! Plus it's to square or sharp. When you look at the back of the car you see how the trunk and rear quarters are rounded. Everything in the back has smooth lines then you have a cheese slicer looking wing. The hood has too many holes. You can can only use 3 out of 4 on a girl so the same should go for hoods. Keep the trident shape front scoop, use 22B style side vents. And lose the reverse scoop.

Front bumper - I like it if the stock fogs fit.
Side skirts - Don't touch, very nice.
Rear bumper - It's nice, but something needs to fill the middle.
Hood - Has potential.
Wing - Not with this kit.

What did you do to the headlights?

·
Registered
my00 RS
327 Posts
From the front it looks like a mustang. The bumper is nice, but the open space will look stupid if no fmic is installed. Plus this kit will not work well with most rs-t running around due to them having a top mount IC. The wing is the same level as the roof line. Can we say dodge dart?

Anyways, with work it might be a nice kit.

I would look for a kit that was made for top mount IC. As it stands now, my sti ic hits my hood. I would like to see a hood with both side vents, option to have them open or closed (good in rainy months vr summer months) a larger meshed off front scoup with option of rubber surround for ic. And the ablitiy to raise up the hood so it will not hit the ic.

As for side skirts, I want some for the coupe. I would love to see a skirt that had nice splats built in so they look like one piece.

I rather have a body kit provide function over looks.

MadMax

·
Registered
MY99 2.5RS Blue
27 Posts
Well...I have to say I like it...its a different look I havent seen on a GC8....but I do have to say the wing is abit HUGE....its a nice damn wing..very nice design..but would look better if they kept that design and just shrunk the wing down abit to about the size of a Ver6.....oh and it would look better without the eyelids...I hate those things on GC8s haha..but those are optional..so no thing. I think they did a good job on the kit making something we havent seen on a GC8 yet......but doh..they always make GC8 kits in japan for the 4doors heh

DM

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah everyones repsonse is kinda liek mine...

if the hood didn t have the hood vents on both sides i think it would look good with that evo 6 vent look and reversed hood scoop....or just the evo ood look...maybe with the ram air intake vent on the passenger side would be nice as well....

heres a quick photochop what ithink will look better for NA cars or Front mounts

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
puckaveli hahaha yoi was thinkin the same thing.....like the Do Luck Rear Under Wng i m thinkin of ordering jus the under wing from do luck and mod it for that since the length is almost the same....maybe even the Do Luck Diffuser plate as well...same here man i do not wanna lose my fog lights and since i got HIDs in them HELL NO~ haha

when i first downloaded the pic i wa like DAMN that wing is HUGE...holy [email protected] m not liking it at all.....i really like the rear since its kinda like the mudspats but with a cleaner molded look and the bumper itself since theres no lines in it

James everyones opinion counts......good or bad...either way you learn....=)

i ll talk to charge speed about their ext force kit and see if we can change it....

thanks guys

Acc

·
The first ex-ex-moderator!
00 RS & GSX-R 750
1,446 Posts
I would like to see a brake vent worked in next to the fog light in that bumper.

·
Registered
MY00 2.5RS 2Dr BRP
61 Posts
opinions

Hood: sorry I just don't like it. I like the stock hood with 22B style vents better. I think the hood should either have the vents and the reversed factory location scoop or just the big vented area in the middle...not all four together.

Sideskirts: I like them a lot! If they had a set for the 2 DR, that would go on my future to-do list.

Fender Flares: I didn't think I'd like them, but the more I look at them, I'm starting to change my mind. I would mould the rear fender flares in with the body to make it cleaner looking though.
Again, I'd love to see these for a two door. I think it'd be easier to have the rear flares moulded on b/c there wouldn't be another door to worry about.

Front Bumper: Eh, it's ok. I'm with puck, I like it better if the stock fogs would fit with the bumper.

Rear Bumper: I'm also iffy on this too. It's nice looking but I would taper off the the edges a little more to make them a little less pronounced.

Wing: Wow. That thing is huge. No thanks.

and there's my opinion

·
Registered
744 Posts
I only like the rear bumper and side skirts..

That wing is really ugly... Don't like the hood either.

I can't figure out why I don't like the front bumper yet.. but I just don't. Is the grill attached to the bumper?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
2Point5RS grill is seperate...=)

JSaint25 i been tellin them to do a 2 door kit for side skirts but its hard to get a hold of a 2door impreza over there to make a master mold.....i believe they make fender flares for the 2 door....i ll ask and find out

puckavelii had the same idea....haha

Acc

·
Registered
796 Posts
The fender flairs are about the only thing I like on the kit. The rear bumper is pretty good too, but I really like the idea of flared fenders for those of us who would like to get a set of 225 (or even 235) width tires on without rubbing like hell.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Acc-
That is the craziest looking body kit I have ever seen for the GC8....I love it!!! If I end up keeping my car, I may just end up getting the entire kit. I'll be waiting for the prices to be posted (as well as that dealer catalog you me promised too). Thanks.

Mike

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mikey - sent ya a PM

TMRRALLY yeah...i m waitin for prices

Templar - i prolly wouldn t get any pieces for my car besides the rear bumper...the over fenders would be nice but not my style....=)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
i really like the cusco hood and prolly end up just coughing up the money for it....i liek it since its made for the stock hood scoop to sit reversed and the vents to pull out hot air from the engine bay

=T

Cusco Hoods:
FRP is 900
CF is 1200

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cusco Hood

Attachments

·
Registered