Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
This week: 2005 Legacy GT
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I tried searching, and didnt find anything.

Here's the issue:

I recently had a local shop install an ACT street clutch, and lightned flywheel. I also flashed to XPT tuning's stage 2 map. I'm finally done with the 500 break-in miles, so i did a few WOT pulls. Everything seems fine, other then the RPM's jumping a half rpm when i shift, also when drifting to a stop in neutral, somtimes the car stalls.

So, do you think this is a clutch/flywheel issue or a reflash issue?

Thanks

·
Registered
02 2.5rs
159 Posts
i've never know for it to stall with just a lightweight flywheel.....do you have lightweight pullies also?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope pullies are stock

·
Meany Head
2000 RSC
10,236 Posts
My guess would be the tune.. based only on that I have the light FW and ACT clutch/pp in my car (00rs), and it does not try to stall. I also have Delta Cams, so my idle is set to about 950, but even before that , it still didn't try to stall. And obviously I still have the stock ECU.

It could be related to the neutral position switch. I know the stock ECU actually uses it to detect when, and how fast to drop the RPMs for a shift, and when to keep the RPMs a little higher for a smoother decel.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It could be related to the neutral position switch. I know the stock ECU actually uses it to detect when, and how fast to drop the RPMs for a shift, and when to keep the RPMs a little higher for a smoother decel.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but I am off to do some reading up on the subject. Thank you sir.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts