Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i picked up a beater for AutoX, i may use the RS sometimes.

It has a hood scoop too, limited production run and my car is white.

NAME THAT CAR!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whoa, DING DING DING.

I didn't think I made the question very easy, great car knowledge. You win 1 million imaginary dollars. :p

The engine is dead for now, either i'll buy a J-spec or a rebuilt, otherwise it's in very good shape.. I think it has potential to be a real fun car around the cones.

Peace!;)

·
Registered
'00 2.5RS coupe (9/01-1/04)
236 Posts
I plan to own a rotary monster before I die. I'm torn between the first gen (lightweight & cheap, can fit the turbo II engine), third (friggin' awesome, but pricey to own & maintain), or maybe the RX-8 eventually.

My aunt's neighbor owned a 10th anniversary, they are absolutely beautiful cars. Good luck finding a good engine, that's the toughest part about RX-7's; keeping the apex seals together.

I found a really cool site the other day:
www.rotaryengineillustrated.com

-s-

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the car for 1,250, guy said he thought it was a blown apex seal. But I just pulled the dipstick and the oil smells like gasoline. It may just be flooded. :D

A good 2nd gen site...
www.fc3s.org/

And for all Seven's.
www.rx7club.com/forum/

I think a 1st gen would be a fun road course car.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
100 Posts
The best thing about Mazda rotaries is that there are full out rebuild kits with instructions, tools, and all the parts you need for a full rebuilld. They are nicely priced and you can do it yourself! I've been researching RX-7s for about three years. Once I get my engineering degree I plan on buying a 3rd gen.

www.mazdatrix.com
www.mazspeed.com
www.rx7.com

Best of luck, great find with the 10th an. edition!!!

·
General pain in the ass
98 Superu Impreza 2.5 rs...
3,962 Posts
3mm is too big, cant push much power with that, allthough more reliable.

also, there is a company in australia, dont know name, will ship to any port in US for about 500, and that includes the engine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts