Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
07 Newport Blue 2.5i
12 Posts
i followed directions from the manual. when i hit 1000 miles i was on the highway doing about 65, then i droped it into 4th and flored it. fun stuff. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
ABS,Skid and Hill Lights stay on simultaneously

I just bought a brand new 2008 Impreze 2.5RS Sport Package. This is my second week driving the car, with 200Km on the ODO.
Last week when I started the car, the ABS,Skid and Hill Lights stay on simultaneously and I drove away thinking they will eventually go off, but not until I switched off the engine. Today, same thing but this time all 3 lights came up while I was on the HWY. Any idea what this could be? Thx

·
Registered
00 2.5RS BRP
687 Posts
HA! that's really gonna fly around here. if most of you guys are like me then i know your shift point is about 4000 rpm anyway.

my wife and i just baught her a new Scion tC and her's said to pretty much give it hell in the break-in period to insure that your car sees all conditions under break-in. i was happy to oblige, but my wife wasn't so happy that i did :blol:

sweet :D

·
Registered
2005 Subaru Impreza RS 5MT
2,827 Posts
Subaru uses Valvoline; unless you're modifying for performance or tracking the car, I'd just stick with Valvoline conventional 5w-30

·
Registered
2002 Hy-brid
24 Posts
Engine break in has more to do with your hone, rings choice, And application. Some will say the baby it for 1000 miles like this does, Others put it straight on the dyno. Either way is perfect but its upto the hone and the ring surface.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts