Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
8,000 mi. on new front calipers, and now my front right pulls harder. This just started. When I redid the calipers the system was fully rebled, also they don't grab real hard and I checked the bolts and they are all to spec. fluid is fine, and no Brake light...Hmm?? Anything I can check before I take to Subaru?

Thanks Max

·
The first ex-ex-moderator!
00 RS & GSX-R 750
1,446 Posts
I am by far no expert, but if you can get a micrometer and measure the thickness of both rotors. One might be thicker then the other causeing the pad to hit on one side earlier than the other.

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Check for leaking fluid on the inside edge of your tire. Looks like drip streaks on the tire. If so, then your pot(s) are leaking. Brake fluid on the pads makes them sticky, and so they will pull.

Otherwise, you may have a suspension issue - like a loose bolt, bad ball joints, bad idler arm, etc., and when you brake it pulls. Or bad tires.

Maybe you're just crazy, too. ;)

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
puckaveli said:
I am by far no expert, but if you can get a micrometer and measure the thickness of both rotors. One might be thicker then the other causeing the pad to hit on one side earlier than the other.
That wouldn't cause the car to pull to one side unless the rotor was so thin the caliper pistons didn’t have enough travel to mate with it but good idea. There are tons of things that could have gone wrong.

Most likely the clipper you put on the left side has gone bad. Have you taken it apart to see how the pads a wearing? That would give you a good idea of what is going on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts