Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so my rear left caliper siezed up yesterday and it caused my rotor to wear right down. I plan on doing an sti swap at some point in the future so Ive decided I want to upgrade all 4 tires rotors, calipers, and pads to help future proof my car. I have found this kit More Information for POWER STOP KCH1119426 . If any of you guys would take a second to give your opinions that would be awesome.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Why wouldn't you want to upgrade to 4/2pots? I don't think this would be an upgrade, if I wanted to do it on the cheap I'd either do WRX front/H6 rears or do the Cadillac brembo swap if you have large enough wheels to clear them.

I'd steer clear from drilled rotors too.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I usually just get the regular RockAuto kit with the basic rotors and decent "daily driver" calipers. The kit you listed really isn't much of an upgrade over stock and is more aesthetic.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I usually just get the regular RockAuto kit with the basic rotors and decent "daily driver" calipers. The kit you listed really isn't much of an upgrade over stock and is more aesthetic.
Yup, I don't think that this kit has any performance benefits. A legacy GT brake swap would probably cost the same, but with more braking performance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup, I don't think that this kit has any performance benefits. A legacy GT brake swap would probably cost the same, but with more braking performance.
Ah ok thanks for the feedback guys. Do you guys know where I can find some of these brake kits I just looked on marketplace and cant seem to find any.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Rockauto is definitely going to be your cheapest option 95% of the time unless you find something used, returned, or open box.

·
Registered
All AWD, some turbo
114 Posts
I'm very satisfied with the performance of the Wilwood front and rear upgrades on my RS. The hats are drilled for RS and STI bolt patterns.
Only thing I don't like is the npt threads into the calipers. Not really an issue after installation.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm very satisfied with the performance of the Wilwood front and rear upgrades on my RS. The hats are drilled for RS and STI bolt patterns.
Only thing I don't like is the npt threads into the calipers. Not really an issue after installation.

Thanks for the recommendation. I actually just found a 2003 wrx that had a pending vehicle inspection. Ended up just buying the car and am about to swap engine trans and brakes into my car :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts