Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
00 2.5 RS (Silver)
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Looks like I need to replace my battery. The one I have didn't last very long....something like 2.5-4 years. Know of any brands to gravitate toward and ones to stay away from? Thanks.

-Scott

·
Registered
98 impreza
67 Posts
ive had good luck with Interstates & Duralast Gold(autozones top of the line) their warranty is great! Optima Yellow tops are great if your charging system is working right and you dont have electrical gremlins like premature current draw. Had one in my RS for years and went thru 3 harsh winters with it.

·
Registered
2003 2.5RS
60 Posts
ive had good luck with Interstates & Duralast Gold(autozones top of the line) their warranty is great! Optima Yellow tops are great if your charging system is working right and you dont have electrical gremlins like premature current draw. Had one in my RS for years and went thru 3 harsh winters with it.
Here's the deal, most standard auto parts place's batteries are all made by the exact same company (Johnson Controls). That goes for Super Start, Interstate, and yes EVEN Optima. With the exception of Optima, they are dang similar.

With that being said, what you should look for is the quality of the battery as far as how it's built. Aka look for a dry cell or glass mat type battery. Traditional wet batteries have crappy life and in most cases will have inferior performance.

Look at Optima Red Tops and Yellow Tops, as well as Exide AGM batteries. I have yet to see an Optima under 7 years old come into work and fail. I have brought back 3 from the dead and I mean come on, you can run the freakin things up-side-down if you so wished!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts