Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Subaru Impreza RS White
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New owner of a 99' white rs, my first Subaru. I have owned a 01' accord, 89' jetta, 94 integra gsr, 89 rx-7, 93 civic hatch, 07 s2000 and my current car 08' lexus is-f. I love working on different cars, and learning about them, my favorite so far being rx-7 for it being so different and awesome. I worked at VW for 2 years as a body tech, than joined the military and haven't had much quality car time because of it. So far I LOVE the boxer rumble, though the fart can the car came with is disappointing.

Things wrong with the car after getting it home and cleaning/inspecting the car...

1. Starter died today after I went to go install my pioneer double-din head unit. Luckly had a nice guy help me push start to get back home.
2. Has megan coilovers.... at least 2 blow out, 1 of which is siezed and its so low it rubs and caused the next problem.
3. Tire rubbed the srs wire shroud and shaved 2 wires causing airbag light...
4. little rust spots from rocks etc, fixed and painted. Luckly the bottom under coating has been redone and rust free.
5. Shifter bushings need replacing. Maybe tic fix in future.

That's all so far. If anyone has any idea on oem suspension I can rip from junkyard that would help. Does the outback struts and springs fit if I can't find impreza? and any newer years fit?

Also how much do advan rg-1's go for?

Pics didn't post for some reason so heres the links
Pic of my babies

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=660165600693341&l=faf29048f9
Other pic

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=659315127445055&l=87337465bb

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
3,555 Posts
Welcome! The suspension from any GC/GF Impreza will bolt up to your RS, but if you end up with wagon springs, you'll sit a little higher in the rear. Sorry to see the collision, sometimes I think people gravitate towards big trucks because they know they suck at driving.

·
Registered
Miatamiatamiata
2,707 Posts
Within the first 12-24 hours of owning my rs, it was hit and run by a truck driver.

It was only two weeks ago that it was again hit by a truck driver.

It's a fact of life.

Most suspension from subies will fit.

·
Registered
1999 Subaru Impreza RS White
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the damage turned out to be 3552.50, all covered by his insurance. I'm waiting on shifter bushings and have a kartboy shifter ready to install.

Thanks for the info Combat Chuck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts