Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 WRX STI WRB
8,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
....but then i remembered this happened nine years ago. And i think i need to stay in and pay respects to the fallen Americans of 9/11/01

·
Registered
01 RS
901 Posts
I'll never forget that day, my cousin worked in the south tower. Luckily she missed her train in that day, and caught a later train and was in a taxi cab and watched it happen. I'm pretty close with her and had the worst feeling in the world the whole day when I watched it in school, knowing she couldve been gone.

·
Registered
99 impreaza aspen white
771 Posts
i too did the same. i had a couple places to socialize and drink what not tonight. but then i loked at the date just before leaving and sat right back down. really weird.

·
Registered
17 Chevy Cruze
2,555 Posts
I was just in NY and stood at ground zero it was humbling, the history channel did a really nice piece for the towers. Went from 10pm-11pm, it fallowed home videos of it minute by minute, like when it was 10:15pm last night they showed what was happening at 10:15am that morning. It was a good watch.

·
Registered
sold it to Susie the Subie
3,233 Posts
I got smashed last night with my friends. I think by you not going out, you let the terrorists win.

Today tho, I spent my day cleaning the house and watching tv and took a few minutes through out my day to think of what happened and how much the world has changed.

Strange, after a long night of drinking and being up late I woke up real early instead of sleeping in, THAT to me was a bit strange, but made me more proud to be free because I COULD get drunk with my friends and have a good time because of those who risk their lives on a daily basis for all of us.

- Cheers!

·
Modsterdomus
2000 STM RS Sedan 5spd
7,849 Posts
I got smashed last night with my friends. I think by you not going out, you let the terrorists win.

Today tho, I spent my day cleaning the house and watching tv and took a few minutes through out my day to think of what happened and how much the world has changed.

Strange, after a long night of drinking and being up late I woke up real early instead of sleeping in, THAT to me was a bit strange, but made me more proud to be free because I COULD get drunk with my friends and have a good time because of those who risk their lives on a daily basis for all of us.

- Cheers!
i agree with this message.

·
Often Unamused
2001 Impreza RS 2.5
808 Posts
I watched similar footage yesterday morning and it made me sad. That was a horrible day. My buddy's (the best man at my wedding) sister-in-law died at the WTC that day.

We went to a party last night but I wore my one of my FDNY t-shirts as a sign of respect...

·
Cpt. Pontiac
5,290 Posts
I still remember that night when all flights were cancelled and all of a sudden we here this insane roar coming from the distance. My father, my neighbors and I went outside to see what it was and Air Force 1 and five F-16 went screaming over our house at about 2000ft.

I still can remember everything that happened that day. I don't think I'll ever forget it.

·
Registered
99 RSTi, 99 GF8
353 Posts
i agree with this message.
agreed! unfortunately i didnt even realize the date till i showed up for work and was doing paper work at about 2 am put the date down and frowned.

its one of those does that everyone knows exactly what they were doing and where they were when it happened. It like the previous generation, such as my parents, they know exactly where and what they were doing when JFK was shot.

wheres the emot for pouring a beer out. One for the homies. Thanks for all the good times Tyrel RIP.

·
Registered
1998 Impreza L Brilliant Red
2,113 Posts
I still lived in bay ridge brooklyn when this all happened, and I was in about..the 2nd or 3rd grade. I almost lost my father to this event because he worked for the news channels as a professional electrician and thank god that day he was about 8 blocks away when that happened. I also remember leaving school really early and listening to the radio in the classroom as teachers gathered around talking about it and I tried listening to it my best. I remember walking out of the school and seeing an enormous black and slight gray cloud hovering over Manhattan to jersey..that was nuts. The next two days it smelled like burnt rubber and decaying bodies. It was horrifying to see that shit replay on the news constantly. And for what? So we can send troops there to risk there lives for bullshit. And to not even win anything or make much of a difference overseas. W.e. That's a whole other story I rather not get into. But thanks biggy. Much respect.

·
Registered
2001 Miata SE
571 Posts
I was kinda young when 9/11 happened, and I'm not well versed in politics, history, en masse phychology or social constructs, so I don't care.

My only thought on the topic is that drastic things have to happen in order for positive change to occur. Flaws in any system are rarely worked out or fixed if they don't cause adverse effects.

My two cents.

I still wonder what are lives would be like if 9/11 had never happened.
I'd guess almost the same.

·
Registered
This week: 2005 Legacy GT
1,014 Posts
It really sucks for me, cause my birthday is 9/11... It makes it hard to celebrate on such a horrible anniversary date.

·
Registered
2015 WRX+TE37ta
4,819 Posts
There is something about that date where I feel as if a dark cloud is following me over my head the whole day and my stomach felt like a knot.

Rough day, bad memories.
The events didn't hit me directly, but I wasn't very far away and it hit close to home.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts